Tuesday, April 13, 2010
A bit of a break...
Hello! Thank you for the Happy Easter wishes. We had a really wonderful time with my family. I'm been thinking about this for awhile, and I've decided to take a blogging break. I will still be reading blogs though, and I'm only an email away. Until next time...
Posted by Kelli at 7:09 PM 25 comments:
Friday, April 02, 2010
Hot Cross Buns
I meant to blog this week, but things got busy around here getting ready for company. Everyone will be arriving this afternoon and I'm going to make a big pot of white chili and hot cross buns for dinner.
Here is the recipe if you'd like to make some, too.
Hot Cross Buns
4 1/2-5 cups all purpose flour, divided
2 pkg active dry yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup currants or raisins
1 tablespoon water
1/2 powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine 2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, salt and spices in bowl of electric mixer.
2. In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until it is warm to the touch.
3. Add warm milk to flour mixture and beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
4. Add eggs and beat for another minute.
5. Stir in currants.
6. Add remaining flour to make a soft dough.
7. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, adding additional flour as needed.
8. Place dough in greased bowl, turning over so both sides are greased.
9. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
10. Punch down dough; turn onto lightly floured surface.
11. Form dough into 2-inch round balls.
12. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
13. Cover and let rise until doubled, 45-60 minutes.
14. Using a sharp knife, slice a cross into the top of each bun.
15. Combine egg and water in a small bowl. Brush rolls with mixture.
16. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on racks.
17. Make glaze: Mix sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth.
18. Spoon glaze over buns in the shape of a cross.
May Easter bring you a happy heart,
and may your spirit rejoice in the risen Lord!
Posted by Kelli at 10:18 AM 28 comments:
Photo Challenge: Eggs
I am joining in Rebecca's Photo Challenge today and this week's theme is: EGGS!
I really love decorating with eggs, so this was a fun challenge. Front door wreath.
Front porch decoration.
Easter place card idea.
And of course, candy eggs!
Be sure to stop by Rebecca's blog to visit more participants, or to find out how to join in yourself! Thank you for taking a look!
Posted by Kelli at 10:09 AM 8 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)