Surprise your family with this indoor version of a s'more!
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups sugar
6 tablespoons butter
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Heat the oven to 375F. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a separate dish and add it to the crumb mixture. Mix well and press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the remaining cup of sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a saucepan. Set the pan over medium heat and gradually whisk in the milk, stirring until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then remove pan from heat.
3. Whisk 1/2 cup of the hot chocolate mixutre into the egg yolks. Repeat with 1 cup of the chocolate mixture, then return the chocolate and egg mixture to the saucepan. Boil over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring contantly.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the vanilla extract. Pour the filling into the pie crust and allow it to cool at least 15 minutes or chill it in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Just before serving, heat the oven to broil. Cover the pie with the mini marshmallows and place in oven for about 30 seconds or until the marshmallows are lightly browned. Watch carefully, or the marshmallow will burn! Serve warm or chilled.
I will now leave you with some wise words from Miss Piggy:
"Never eat more than you can lift!" :0)