Monday, August 04, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

simple-woman-daybook-small.jpg
I am participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook today.

~For Today~
Monday, August 4, 08

Outside My Window...

the sun is shining and yellow sunflowers are reaching for the sky.

I am thinking...

we have a busy week ahead. Good friends of ours are getting married and Phillip is the best man, Benjamin is the ring bearer and Grace and Emily are the flower girls.

I am thankful for...

days off from school.


From the kitchen...

Monday~Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Tuesday~
Homemade Pizza
Wednesday~
Garden Fresh Taco Salad
Thursday~Rehearsal Dinner

Friday~Wedding Dinner

I am wearing...

blue jean capris and a black shirt.


I am creating...

a wedding card and an apron for the bride.

I am reading...

Keeping Life Simple
by Karen Levine

I am hoping...

I find the perfect outfit for the wedding.


I am hearing...

the washer and dryer.

Around the house...

everything is tidy, but in need of a deep clean. I'm going to start this morning.


One of my favorite things...

pink flower girl dresses.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

On Thursday, the bride's father will drop the wedding flowers off at my house. Friday morning the groom's mother and sister will arrive to put the bouquets together. I've been told they have pictures of how everything should look which is good because flower arranging is not my thing!


Here is a picture that I am sharing...


Pie
Two fresh blueberry pies that Emily and I made this weekend. The recipe and more pictures are on the main page of my blog.

Thank you for reading my Daybook and I hope you have a great start to your week!

14 comments:

Mrs. H. said...

Have a great week Kelli! Love the picture of your pretty hutch. Can't wait to hear all about the wedding. :-)

Barbara H. said...

Sounds like a busy and exciting week!

Tina Leigh said...

I want you to post a new picture of the empty pie dishes cause I KNOW THEY ARE EMPTY BY NOW!!!! At least they would be at my house!! I wish I had sunflowers planted!

Jen said...

Your week sounds like so much fun. I love weddings so this is up my ally. have a great week girl.

Julian said...

beautiful! Have a great week!
Chirstina

Jennifer Hoots said...

Weddings are so fun! It is wonderful that you all can be involved. My Grace so wants to be a flower girl one day! No one is getting married anytime soon, so I guess she'll have to wait some more. Have a wonderful week, my friend. And keep cool!
Jenn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jenn4him/569643/

Heather Anne said...

What a lovely daybook Kelli! We certainly are blessed Momma's aren't we? I hope you find a wedding outfit that makes you feel as special as you really are!

Linda said...

Enjoyed your day book. Busy week but an exciting one too. I hope you find just the perfect dress for the wedding. Hugs, Linda

kymk99 said...

I love making aprons for new brides! In fact, I just bought some material today to make one for an upcoming wedding.

Those blueberry pies look delicious!! We may just have to make some here too.

Thanks for always sharing such wonderful things with all of us!

Yvonne :o)

Missy said...

your pies look sooooooo good :) have a wonderful and blessed week.

missy

Hill upon Hill said...

I do like what you are reading and I have had the same sound in my house today too.

~Laurie said...

Wow, I am loving this Daybook. I think I am going to join in on the ring. Great blog!

spinninglovelydays said...

Those pies look scrumptious!:)

Hannah said...

those pies look delicious.