Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Handmade Card Tutorial

Card
Hello! Today, I'm sharing the instructions for an Autumn greeting card, but you can use any kind of scrapbook paper, stickers, or rubber stamps.

Christmas card
Christmas version.

Paper
Gather your supplies. My 10 Top Card Making Essentials list is HERE.

Autumn card
Cut a 5 3/8" x 3 7/8" rectangle of scrapbook paper. Glue to front of 5 1/2" x 4" blank notecard.

Paper
Cut 2 strips from coordinating paper or cardstock:
-5 3/8" x 1 1/2"
-3 7/8" x 1 1/2"

Trim sides with decorative scissors, if desired.

Ribbon
Punch two holes beside each other (approx. 1 1/2" in from left side of long strip), thread ribbon through, tie knot, and trim ends. You can also attach ribbon knot with hot glue instead.

Card
Glue paper strips to front of card, as shown. I also shaded the edges with ink.

Paper
Stamp an image (or use stickers) on an approx. 1 3/4" square of cardstock.

Card
Glue to card, as shown. Send to a friend! You can see more card tutorials HERE.

A few more things I made recently...
Autumn tags
Gift tags with my favorite Autumn quote.

Reindeer tags
Christmas gift tags. It will be here before we know it!

Christmas tags

Christmas gift tags

Gift bag and tags
I also put together some organza gift bags and gift tags for those giving paper goods as Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers this year.

Everything can be found in my Etsy Shop! Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

20 comments:

Mommy said...

Beautiful as always Kelli!

Jennifer Hoots said...

Very nice. I like the vintage tags. And I agree with the quote that everyone should take time to watch the leaves turn.
Blessings to you.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

YEA! KELLI! Thanks for sharing. I might even make some of these today. Love, Debbi

Jenn said...

How sweet! I am convinced I need to invest in some rubber stamps! Love this card!

Nancy M. said...

Beautiful! I love your cards..
lv nancy

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kelli...

Oooh...what lovely cards! I love the pretty autumn card...and Ohhh, all those fabulous autumn and Christmas gift tags!!! Thank you for the instructions!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Val said...

Oh I just love these cards. You are so smart and talented. One day I am going to learn how to do this from you. I love it.

Mrs. H. said...

Kelli,
I just wanted to tell you congratulations on your wonderfully successful etsy shop! Wow! I hopped over to see what you currently had for sale and how you're doing and I couldn't believe your number of sales already. You are a busy girl! Your products are so beautiful and unique. I am very happy for you! :-)
Happy fall!

BECKY said...

WooHoo!! More cards!! I've been missing seeing your work!! So very lovely, Kelli!! You are so talented!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!
HUGS,
Becky

Jackie said...

Kelli, you make such beautiful cards and tags.

God bless.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Very beautiful cards! Love the autumn leaves.

Heidi said...

Hi Kelli,
You are so talented, these are very pretty, and I love their vintage look. Thanks for the great tutorial, I will try this sometime!
Have a great week!
Heidi - Heart and Home

Barbara H. said...

Simple but beautiful!

shama said...

hi
great Work!!!!!

Barbara Jean said...

Kelli,
I really enjoyed your top fall card.

so simple and so sweet.
blessings

barbara jean

Pennysue said...

Thank you for more beautiful card instructions. I love making cards but my time is very limited so I truly enjoy your ideas, as I can create a card without having to plan my design...just borrow yours. Thank you very much. Blessings!

Clare said...

Love your work so looking forward to paper craft day return. I dont even mind helping and giving a few pressies out here and there.

janet said...

You gave me lots of ideas,thanks

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your cards and tags look so good! I love the autumn themed card!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

love the beautiful cards, so warm and creative with the soft ribbon. Those vintage tags are just the best, I thought I was creative, I would have a hard time keeping up...I am becoming a follower...come visit me soon..Phyllis