Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Homemade Cards for Children~Paper Crafting Thursday!

Welcome to the first Paper Crafting Thursday of the year! I had a request to share some homemade cards for children, so this is my attempt. :0) I try to share card patterns that will work for any occasion by using different papers, stickers or stamps.




A floral version.


I found these fun princess and knight stickers at Hobby Lobby.


You will need a blank 6 1/2" x 5" notecard.


Cover with a 6 1/4" x 4 3/4" piece of scrapbook paper.


Cut a 6 1/2" x 1 1/2" strip of scrapbook paper and glue to front of card, as shown.


Cut 2 - 3 1/4" x 2 3/4" rectangles of cardstock and glue to front of card as shown.


Add stickers or stamps.


Glue a 2" cardstock circle, as shown and add additional stickers or stamps.


All done!





~More Card Projects~

Here are a few other things I've made recently...
Journals
Little Women and Secret Garden Journals

Card

Gift Tag

Items can be found in my Etsy Shop!


Paper Craft Fun: Post any kind of paper craft (card, bookmark, tag, banner, journal, etc.) on your blog between now and next week and come sign Mr. Linky. Next Thursday, I will draw two of the names and the winners will receive supplies for a homemade card: blank notecard, envelope, and an assortment of scrapbook paper, stickers (or stamped images), and ribbon. Link back here in your post, so that others will know where to join in the fun, too!

26 comments:

BECKY said...

Love your cards, Kelli!! All of them!! I also went to your Etsy and am crazy about your birds! You do such beautiful work! Really inspiring!
Blessings, Becky

Liesel said...

They are just beuatiful! I adore the black and white 'Days to remember' card <3

Judy said...

Your cards are always so pretty Kelli. I love the journals and I'm going to go check them out.
Judy

Kelly said...

Perfect card for any little princess, and the journals are so sweet .....I am going to go take a look in the shop!

have a great day!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards! thank you for sharing how you put them together. I am off to check out your Etsy. I love those journals you made. Beautiful!

Cheryl said...

oh, the link to my blog got typed in wrong. sorry about that.

Becky said...

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for sharing your cards with us today. And a special thanks for always being willing to teach us.

Have a GREAT day!

Becky said...

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for sharing your cards with us today. And a special thanks for always being willing to teach us.

Have a GREAT day!

Linda C said...

Your cards are beautiful, Kelli! You come up with something unique and pretty every time- not to mention your great tutorials and sharing with us how you do it:)

I hope to get into some paper crafting yet this winter, after getting some projects done around the house.

Thanks for the inspiration!:))

Linda C

Anonymous said...

Great cards Kelli TT I especially like the one with the dragon ; )

Kimberly said...

The Secret Garden, and Little Women---two of my favorites!!!
Have your girls read A Little Princess? That's my all time favorite childhood book.

Pink Slippers said...

Oh they are so adorable!

Kathy Butryn said...

There are gorgeous. You always inspire!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

YOu make such lovely things! I wish I had your inspiration! My card was inspired by your card, but was more different than the same..lol..that's always the way with me.
Blessings,
Penny

The Liberty Belle said...

How pretty and creative!

Michelle said...

Kelli you are incredible with paper crafts! I love the "Days to Remember" card but they are all beautiful!

Nancy M. said...

Your cards and journals are simply BEAUTIFUL! thank you for sharing.
I am opening a Esty shop soon...
Thank you for your inspiration!

Unknown said...

I Love the cards! They are so cute! :)

Mrs. E. said...

Oh! Your cards look wonderful. You are inspiring me to get to my craft table and create a card for my nephew whose birthday is coming up.
Such nice photos too.
Heather

Jenn said...

OOH what fun Kelli...I am so ready for some new ideas!

Sarah said...

These cards are very sweet, Kelli! We're going to make some thank you cards for people who sent us gifts ~ so far, it's a tommorrow thing!

Missy Wertz said...

Thanks for posting. We teach 4th grade SS and I teach 4th grade GA's (Baptist Mission Class for Girls). When one of our children accepts Christ as Savior and is Baptisted, we like to get them a little something and I would also like to include a card. I have tons of scrapbooking supplies. I really need to make up several cards to have on hand for these children to go along with these gifts.

Me said...

Kelli,

I have a question for you. (By the way, your cards are beautiful!) I have been in the process of making a couple of cards lately and am torn on using second-hand cards due to copyright infringement. I either bought them at Goodwill or, in some cases, received them as gifts. What is your opinion on remaking someone elses art?

I appreciate your thoughts. :)

Christine said...

Cute, Cute Cute! I love your cards Kelli..you always come up with such neat ideas here!

Clare said...

I have done a craft but its not paper , well a bit is.

Love your cards