Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Poetical Egg Salad Sandwiches
1 celery stalk
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
a pinch of pepper
1/4 cup softened butter
2 tablespoons dried mint or parsley
8 slices of fresh bread
1. In a small saucepan cover eggs with cold water - at least 1 inch above the eggs. Place saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it. Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 25 minutes. Empty the hot water into the sink and fill with cold running water until eggs have cooled down.
3. Meanwhile wash celery stalk. Chop it into tiny pieces.
4. Peel the eggs. Add them with the chopped celery to a small mixing bowl and mash them together with a fork.
5. Stir the mayonnaise, salt and pepper into the egg mixture. Set the egg salad in the refrigerator.
6. Mix the softened butter with the dried parsley (I used fresh) in a small bowl. Set aside.
7. Butter one slice of bread. On the other half spread the egg salad. Put together and cut in half.