Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Christmasy Livingroom

Good Morning! Thank you for all the sweet comments yesterday! Today I'm going to show you around the livingroom.

Since we got a real tree this year, I was able to cut off some of the lower branches to use on the entertainment center, coffee table and mantle. Our stockings have been hung by the chimney with care. ;0)

Mantle
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


We found this village nativity on sale after Christmas, many years ago. The houses light up at night.

Nativity
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I use these candle sticks year round and just change out the rings. For Christmas I made some from greenery, pinecones and holly berries.

Candles
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


We have a small collection of Chrismtas books and I went to the library this past Sunday and got alot more. It looks like Fern is getting a head start on her reading. ;0)

Books
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Here is my coffee table. I got the idea for my "Rustic Woodland Scene" from the December 2003 Martha Stewart. I glued cinnamon sticks around paper covered candles. I found the deer figurines at Michael's. I like to use the word "rustic" when things are uneven or you can see dried hot glue..hehee.

Deer
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I added red bows to the scones in my livingroom, in addition to the ones in the entryway.

Sconce
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I had a little of the tree trimmings left so I gathered them up with some ribbon and berries and placed one on each of the windowsills in my livingroon. I nestled a candle in the greenery.

Windowsill
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Thanks for taking a look. I will show you the kitchen and dining room next!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the llok - very welcoming
Merry Christmas Kelli and family :0)

God bless,
Cathie
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/thebrykclan/

Sandra said...

LOVE it Kelli, you always thrill me with your decorations, your house looks so inviting :)

God bless,
Sandra

Rebecca said...

You mean there's MORE?!?! WOW!

I adore the cinnamon stick candles-and I think I might make some of those for gifts this Christmas! Great idea!

Check out my site next week to see what we used the trimmed branches from our tree for! :-)

Amanda said...

I wish we had a fireplace!

I didn't know Fern was a bookworm. :)

Sandra said...

That Fern likes to be where the action is, doesn't she? :o)

Everything looks so cozy Kelli --- great job.

Beemoosie said...

Very very nice! I especially love your mantel, it looks like a painting!

dot said...

Beautiful Kelli! When you show the kitchen be sure you show where the cookies and other good stuff is kept!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling Kelli!

theups said...

Kelli, once again, it looks BEAUTIFUL!!! You remind so much of Susan at A Place Called Home- you both have a wonderful way of adding even the smallest touches to everything and making it look sooo lovely!!

His,
Mrs. U

Carole Burant said...

Oh Kelli, it all looks so very warm and inviting and I just LOVE your Rustic Woodland scene, gorgeous!! I had also seen that idea about wrapping a candle with cinammon sticks...maybe next year I'll do something like that too:-) Just love all your touches and that nativity scene is just beautiful too!!

Beck said...

Your house is so beautiful! I love how peaceful and festive it looks!
And my cat loves to curl up in our book basket, too! Maybe they're related!

Sharon said...

It is begining to look a lot like Christmas in your home and every thing is so pretty. You did a beautiful job and your home looks like it could be in the Martha Stewart magazine......so pretty

Janice said...

Oh it's all so lovely! I can just smell the Christmas scents! I just love Fern! She pops up everywhere! :o) Thanks for showing us your beautiful home!
Flora

Mrs. H said...

Very nice! I never seem to have the time to decorate more than the tree:)

Patty said...

very pretty Kelli ! Everything looks so festive and ready for Christmas

Mindy said...

Love your pictures...its going to be a cozy Christmas at your home..:)...I made those cinnamon candles a few years ago and gave them away as gifts..they were a hit!! Thank you for sharing your lovely decorated home with us!!
Blessings

smilnsigh said...

Just noticed, it looks like you have a brick wall around your fireplace. Same here.

I especially love the candle in greeery, on the livingroom windowsills. And I always love a little lighted group of houses.

palmtreefanatic said...

Your home is beautiful!
the truffles look to die for delicious!
thanks for sharing!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!