Sunday, December 03, 2006

~A Christmasy Porch and Entryway~

This week I thought I would take you on a little tour of my home, now that I have all my Christmas decorations up.

Let's start at the front door. These are my ice skates from when I was a teenager. I grew up in Canada and remember spending entire winters with my skates on. ;0) I haven't been skating in many years because I don't like indoor rinks. I guess I'm spoiled!

Skates
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



My friend, Susan fromA Place Called Home does something with ribbon that she calls "Ribbon Magic." I have used her ideas in many places around my home, while decorating for the holidays, including the pillow on my front porch. It looks just like a present!

Pillow
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Let's head on inside and take a peek at the entryway. Here is a view from a distance so you can get an idea of where things are.

Entryway
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


This wreath hangs on the inside of the front door. I made it 10 years ago and have only had to replace the silk poinsettas.

Wreath
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I added a gold bow to my moss wreath.

Wreath
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Even more "ribbon magic" on the wall sconces!

Sconce
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I have had this wooden sleigh for many years. I filled it with pinecones, and more poinsettas and gold ribbon.

Sleigh
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


The last thing I want to share with you are my Velveteen Rabbits. My mom bought them for my sister and I when we were little. They look quite at home. :0)

Rabbits
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Next up is the livingroom. Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Beck said...

Your house looks so beautiful and festive!

Sharon said...

I like the ice skates hanging on the front door and the decorated pillow is a wonderful idea... I am waitng for more beautiful decorations tomorrow. This is such fun sharing Christmas decorating ideas...........till tomorrow.

Marci said...

Everything is lovely. Thanks for sharing your home. Very cozy!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!

Susie said...

Kelli,
What beautiful and welcoming Christmas decorations! How special that you have the Velveteen Rabbits from your childhood. Love the ribbon touch too, off to read about it at the link you provided!
:)

Susan P. said...

Kelli, thanks so much for opening up your beautiful home to us! How fun to have a new room to "peek" into everyday! I just love the ice skates on the front door, the "ribbon magic" looks beautiful, and my favorite thing are your Velveteen rabbits from your childhood. It doesn't get much more special than that! Did you love them so much they became real?;)

Anonymous said...

The ice skates on your door is one of the neatest Christmas decoration ideas I have ever seen! (One of my favorite things about Christmas is reminiscing (sp?) about childhood.)

Amy said...

Lovely decorations!

I can relate to the "growing up in skates" part :) We used to live just a brief walk from a lake. I learned to skate there and must have spent *hours* skating around. A lake is so much more fun than a rink, as long as the ice is decently smooth. My sister recently moved to Ottawa and is just itching to skate down the Rideau Canal.

Christine said...

Kelli,
Your taste is simply impeccable! Your home has so many cozy and beautiful touches. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I 'shared' your sleigh idea already. :D I was down at the Salvation Army and scooped a wooden sleigh with snowmen painted on the sides. I'm either filling it up like you did, or with pretty Xmas ball decorations. :D

smilnsigh said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for the lovely tour. And much more to come. I love it!!!

smilnsigh said...

And that front door picture, with the skates and all...... it looks like something out of magazine. I love it!!!!

dot said...

Your home is very pretty. Love the decorations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Beemoosie said...

Beautiful decorations!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the ice skates idea! :-) Everything looks so fastive and beautiful-great job and keep those photos coming!

Anonymous said...

You have great decorating sense! I love the ice skates on the front door.

Carole Burant said...

I want to come over and look at everything:-) You know me and how much I love Christmas decorations!!! lol I just adore your ice skates hanging on the door, what a brilliant idea! Love everything and those velveteen rabbits are just precious!!

AnnMarie Brown said...

I loved visiting your blog today... adn those Velveteen Rabbits rabbits really bring back memories for me... i am not sure where we originally got them either... I am in Ontario, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Lovely home you have! It gives me some ideas on how to decorate my own home, thank you!

Workin' MAMA! said...

what a lovely life you lead - you have a great eye for decor too! luv it!