Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a great week so far. It's been rainy and gloomy here and I feel like sleeping until the sun comes out again. Something tells me the girls and Benjamin wouldn't go for that though. ;0)

We had another missions meeting at our house this week and I want to share the recipe of what I made for dessert.


It's called Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake.


It has a wonderful almond crumb topping...


Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

Cake Layer:
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg

Cream Cheese Layer:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg

3/4 cup raspberry jam
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Grease and flour bottom and sides of a spring form pan. In a large bowl mix flour and sugar together. Using pasty blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for later.

To remaining mixture add baking powder, baking soda, almond extract, salt, sour cream and egg. Blend well and pour into greased pan., spreading out evenly and bringing batter about two inches up the sides.

In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and egg. Blend well and pour into batter lined pan. Carefully spoon raspberry jam over cream cheese mixture.

Combine remaining crumb mixture with almonds and sprinkle over top of jam. Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes or until cream cheese is set and crust is golden brown. Let cool at least 15 minutes.

Enjoy!


My first "Show & Tell" will be this Friday. Phillip took this picture of a few of my special things and made a "button" from it. You can see if on my sidebar. Feel free to download it and use it in your "Show and Tell" post.


I'll add a Mr. Linky Friday morning and all you need to do is come here and add your post link to the box!

Talk to you soon!

32 comments:

LadySnow said...

That recipe sounds wonderful! =)

Susie said...

That recipe sounds delish. Perfect for a weekend breakfast I'm thinking!
Love your show n tell button.
hugs!!

Tina Leigh said...

OH my that coffee cake looks good...even with the fruit in it,lol!! I hope I can figure out how to use Mr. LINKY!! I should be home friday so I will talk to you later.

Henny Penny said...

What a lovely button! This is so exciting!

Coffee cake? One of my favorites! Especially if it has a crumb topping.

Tracy said...

This looks so good. I realy need to eat breakfast before visiting blogs. My tummy is "growling"!
Can't wait for Friday!

Amber said...

That dessert looks wonderful...can't wait to do show and tell!

Trella said...

Sounds yummy! It certainly looks like something my husband would love. Everything in it he loves.
I will have to be thinking about something to share.

Charree said...

Oh that sounds yummy! I will have to give it a try this weekend!

cathieb said...

Oh, that looks yummy :o) What time is tea???

God bless,

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your coffee cake looks delicious!

Lori said...

Yummy! It sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing another recipe. I will be copying this one down too.

Christine said...

What a scrumptious looking coffee cake! I would sure love a slice. Blessings!

Sue Seibert said...

Well, yummm, Kelli! If I wasn't about to leave for Tennessee, I'd make it right now. Hope you're having a great day!!

Dani said...

Oh yummy, that coffee cake looks so good! I need to copy down your recipe, I love raspberries. Thank you for sharing!

Jodi said...

Looks delicious. I love the picture with the cake in the cabinet! Very pretty show-n-tell button, too. :o)

Candy said...

Thanks, I love when you share your recipes :)
Hugs to you,
Candy

Sharon said...

Oh my you made me hungry with that desert. I want to ask you about the liner on the shelf. Is that lace or paper. I have been looking for that look and can not find the paper that I use to get. Hugs to you and your little sweet hearts.

Anonymous said...

YUM, Kellli! I was excited from the time I saw the title of your post. Thank you for sharing.

Laurie said...

That Rasberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake looks so delicious ~

I love the Show and Tell button, its so pretty ~ I can't wait to use it!

Sharon said...

The recipe sounds delicious!

I am so excited about tomorrow's Show and Tell!

Julieann said...

Your cake looks beautiful--it looks store bought--PERFECT:)

Your show and tell button is lovely! How exciting...

Julieann:)

homespun living said...

I know what I'll be baking for this weekend. That coffee cake sounds perfect~raspberries & cream cheese~my favorites.
Debbie

Open Roads Mama said...

YUM! Will try the recipe on the weekend, it sounds so easy and wonderful! Thanks you!!!!!

Christie Belle said...

Oh that looks so tasty! I love, love, love coffee cake! Thanks for sharing it:)

Karen said...

That is yummy looking!!! I also love the picture of it in the "pie safe"....looks just like my grandma's decor. She had a pie safe with screen wire covering it, so the baked goods could cool.
The button is so pretty and vintage looking. I'm going to attempt to do this!

Kelli said...

Sharon Kay, it's real lace on the shelf. I just hot glued it onto the wood. Good luck!
Kelli

Heather said...

Wow...that looks so good! I am going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Your cake looks delish!

Angelena said...

That cake looks wonderful. You do such a good job at cooking and baking!! I love your show and tell button I missed it this Friday but am planning on doing it next Friday.
Hugs
Angelena
http://countrylifejourney.typepad.com/

Reddington Times said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reddington Times said...

hope you enjoyed it Kelli.

American Home said...

Perfect rainy day recipe and.... it is raining here. We are going to give this a try!
Blessings,
Donna