Sunday, April 01, 2007

Monday, April 2, 2007

Hello everyone! Did you have a nice weekend? We got lots of rain which we always need. Our grass really needs cut now, but our electric garage door broke over the weekend, which means we can't get the lawn mower out until it's fixed!!

On Saturday, I got up early to make lasagna and brownies for our friends that just had a new baby. I used the no-cook noodles and followed the recipe on the back of the box.


I also made these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies...


If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together these brownies are for you! Be warned though, they are very rich!


Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies

Ingredients:

2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk

1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.

2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 egg, and milk until smooth. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, 2 cups white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the remaining 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; mix into the batter. Stir in chocolate chips.

4. Remove 1 cup of the chocolate batter. Spread the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top. Drop the reserved chocolate batter by teaspoonful over the filling. Using a knife, gently swirl through the top layers for a marbled effect.

5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, then cut into bars.

Recipe from Allrecipes.com



I've been looking through my magazines for Easter decoration and craft ideas. Yesterday, we went to Michaels and got some supplies. As you can see we will be having lots of fun with pipe cleaners and pom-poms this week. :0)


Speaking of Easter crafts I wanted to show you these cute Easter baskets. I had the pleasure of meeting Heather from Steven's Rib, her daughter Elissa and little boy, Seth. We had a wonderful visit and we chatted like we were old friends! She made us these stamped Easter baskets filled with Easter candy. Aren't they cute?!



Thank you, again Heather for the baskets and the wonderful visit!


I made a few Easter decorations Sunday afternoon. The first are place card holders for our Easter dinner. I found these gift tags at Michaels. I added an Easter sticker and wrote our names on each one. Very easy!




Lastly, this idea came from the latest Martha Stewart issue. If you follow the link, you can print out the templates and get directions.

This mother hen is busy watching over her three chicks.


A baby chick...


Two more...


These is a candy surprise inside each chick. These would make great place card holders too!


Thank you for looking at my Easter decorations! I'll have a few more to show you later and also share a Hot Cross Bun recipe. Have a great week!

40 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Kelli!
Your recipes look yummy yummy as usual. Oh, what cute Easter basket and place card holders ! And the little Easter chicks are even cuter!

Are the templates on Maria Steward's side for free?

Have a great start of the new week!

copperswife said...

I saw those cute chicks in Martha's magazine, and Dani and I thought we'd like to use them somehow for Easter. All of your Easter decorations and craft plans look super! Have a great week!

Susie said...

Love your decorations Kelli!
I'll enjoy seeing your hot cross bun recipe. I've been looking for a good one!!
hugs!

Portrait of Peter said...

Your recipes do look so tempting - if only I was allowed!!

Creative talents with the cards etc and all the more if shared with others in preparing the Easter decorations.

Blessings to you all.

dot said...

The brownies look delicious! I think I'll make them soon for church.

Trella said...

Thanks for sharing that yummy looking brownie recipe, I think:)

Your Easter decorations look wonderful, and what a very nice friend to make those beautiful baskets for your family.

I need to finish up my Easter stuff before we go out of town.

Have a great day,
Trella

Paula said...

Thank you for sharing the Easter decoration pictures; I can't wait to see what you all make this week. :-)

I will definitely being trying out those brownies--mmmm!

Have a blessed week!

Lisa said...

Can I come over for cooking lessons? :o)

Kelli said...

Anita, the templates are free!

Autumn said...

Love all of your decorations. The food looks delicious, too!

Randi said...

Those brownies look yummy! Your baskets are adorable and the decorations are so spring-y! Perfect!

Susan P. said...

I just love all of the darling Easter decorations that are "springing" up in your home:) I'm sure we would all love to know what your Easter dinner menu is! Hint, hint!! You always have the yummiest recipes:)

Tina Leigh said...

Kelli You are no doubt kin to Martha Stewart!! I love your decor!!!

Christine said...

How sweet of you to make such a delicious meal for that family. Those brownies look simply scrumptious. I love all of your pretty bunny decorations. Blessings!

Patty said...

I had, notice the word HAD, such resolve today to eat less dessert, however, those brownies are a must for our family night when the married children all come home for momma's cooking. Love all your decorations Kelli, so pretty.

Lori said...

Your Easter decorations are cute!! Thanks for sharing the photos. I love those Easter baskets. They are cute.

I do love chocolate and peanut butter together. I'm going to have to copy that recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Momma Roar said...

What great ideas! My m-i-l has us for Easter and she always enjoys doing place cards, I am going to show her yours! I'll let you know if we use them.

Jenn said...

awww..those baskets are cute! What do the letters stand for? Names?

It sounds so nice that you were able to get together with an online friend, sounds like lots of fun! Those dinner place cards are perfect!

I'm having a Spring drawing if you'd like to enter.

Jenn

Amber said...

You always think of the neatest things Kelli! I love the easter baskets, too cute! The brownies look yummy!

Dani said...

Ooo, you made the momma chicken with her babies! I saw that and have been wanting to try it. It was a GREAT clip art craft for Easter. Maybe I'll get around to making one before Easter. We'll see, yours looks terrific!

Candy said...

It all looks lovely Kelli :)

Corin said...

Your Easter decorations are so cute! You did a great job Kelli!

Those brownie pictures are making me hungry!


(look! it likes me enough to let me comment now!)

Julieann said...

Oh Kelli----I wish you lived closer (hint hint) :)

All your food looks so good--and I am sure you will have great fun making Easter decorations. Have a wonderful Monday.

Julieann:)

Christie Belle said...

Yummy looking brownies! I will have to try these, I'm a BIG fan of chocolate and peanut butter. Your Easter decorations are precious, and I'm sure you've got some cute craft ideas brewing, I can't wait to see them! Those little baskets that your friend made are so precious, how sweet of her.

Jenn4Him said...

I will chime in with all the others! I love the decorations. And the brownies! There is no such thing as too rich in my book! Bring 'em on. We are packing up to move (in 13 days) or I'd be making a big fuss over Easter. It's just not in the plans this year. Maybe by next year I'll be all unpacked and able to decorate for Easter. :-)

Laurie said...

What a lucky new mom ~ the lasagne and brownies look luscious!
Wonderful Easter decorations!

Unknown said...

Oh, Kelli, how wonderful. Your decorations are so cute. And everything looks delicious. I wish I could get you to make our dinner tonight. Lasagna and peanut butter brownies sound like the perfect comfort food for the day back to school. Enjoy you week of preparations.

Marci said...

The meal looks wonderful. I always do the no-cook noodles as well. My husband will thank you greatly for the brownie recipe. Peanut Butter Chocolate anything is his favorite. =)

Gena said...

Kelli, everything is just adorable! We are making some of the Martha Easter crafts, as well.

I will definitely have to try your recipe. We love peanut butter & chocolate.

Lila Rostenberg said...

I'll check with Martha Stewart for those chicks...Baking Hot Cross Buns is a tradition I love...

CONNIE W said...

Kelli, your energy is apparent in your posts. The lasagne and brownies (both favorites of mine) look luscious. Happy, happy Easter.

Open Roads Mama said...

yummy looking cake, again! :-) And the decorations look lovely! I haven't started decorating yet, but hope to get into it soooon. Have a great week!

Sheila said...

I love your decorations! Please tell us what you make with the craft supplies.

Lena said...

Kelli, your decorations are all so wonderful! I love this latest issue of Martha's magazine and want to make some of the little pom pom birds for my Easter baskets.
The lasagne and brownies look great. Your friends will truly appreciate them.

Rowan said...

Those brownies sound wonderful but I'm trying to lose weight right now so they aren't the ideal recipe for me to make :) Love your place cards, they are so pretty. You always have so many great ideas for decorating.

Terri said...

Kelli,
The decorations are so cute. Where do you find the time.
Your lasagna sounds so good that now I am going to have to make some this weekend. I'm never going to lose weight if you keep featuring such tempting things on your blog. Sigh...
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Terri

Amy O'Quinn said...

Yum...I am definitely going to try that brownie recipe! Looks delicious! We are going to have lasagna tomorrow night for my husband's birthday supper! It's a definite favorite in our house!
I love your decorations! As usual, you have great ideas!
Have a great week!
Amy
PS...It's so neat that you got to meet Heather and Elissa. Heather is always so encouraging, and my girls are really enjoying their budding online friendship with Elissa as well! It's a small, small world!

LadySnow said...

That lasagna and brownies look awesome!

Charree said...

The brownies look divine. I will have to fix them soon. Your decorations are simply adorable. Have a great day!

Heather Anne said...

Hi Kelli! I have disappeared under a fine layer of dust this week with all of the renovation mess, so i am just checking in with your blog today while I have a break! You have been very busy making lovely things and wonderful memories! May the Lord bless your family as you celebrate Resurrection Sunday!
Blessings!
Heather