The first day of Autumn is only 18 days away, but in many areas ( like Texas!) it is still hot.
Strawberry Muffins are a yummy treat to enjoy during these last days of summer!
Fresh Strawberry Muffins
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Gather your ingredients and preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg and vanilla. Beat lightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugars, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour.
5. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
6. Fill a greased or paper lined 12 cup muffin tin. (If you would like larger muffins, fill only 8 sections and bake slightly longer.)
Bake at 375F for 15 to 18 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
Served warm with a little butter!