Thursday, July 30, 2009

Handmade Card Tutorial

Card
Welcome to this week's handmade card project! You will need:
-5 1/2" x 4" blank notecard
-2 coordinating scrapbook papers
-1 coordinating cardstock
-Rubber stamp and ink or stickers
-Ribbon

Paper cutter
Gather your supplies. My 10 Top Card Making Essentials list is HERE.

Paper
Cut a 4 3/8" x 2 3/4" piece of scrapbook paper. Cut a smaller 4 3/8" x 1 1/2" piece of coordinating scrapbook paper.

Paper
Cut a 4 3/8 x 1 1/2" strip of cardstock. Cut long edge with paper punch or decorative scissors.

Paper
Glue small piece of scrapbook paper to bottom of blank notecard. Glue the cardstock strip on top, overlapping slightly.

Card
Add a rubber stamped image or stickers to larger piece of scrapbook paper. Glue to front of card, as shown, overlapping the cardstock strip.

Card
Wrap a 15" length of ribbon around inside of card and around to the front. Tie a knot and trim ends.

Card
Send to a friend! More handmade card tutorials HERE.

A few more things I've made this week...
il_fullxfull.82035771
Merci mini cards.

Bird tags
Bird gift tags.

Petite notecards
Petite cards with a bee themed checklist.

Everything can be found in my Etsy Shop! Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

7 comments:

LadySnow said...

Oh my... I love that birthday card. So pretty. :-)

MrsMomma said...

Great card! I love making cards and scrapbooking my pics. :)

Dawn said...

You are beautifully creative. Thank you for sharing your work.

Clare said...

Just lovely.

Lynn said...

So cute, Kelli!

marmielu said...

Thank you for showing this. It is so pretty.
Mary Lou

Sharon said...

I love your cards, I guess I will have to go and find my card stock and get busy. You have pushed my card making button. I am back because I missed all of you guys and will visit your lovely blog often...Hugs Sharon K