Hello everyone! Did you have a nice weekend? We got lots of rain which we always need. Our grass really needs cut now, but our electric garage door broke over the weekend, which means we can't get the lawn mower out until it's fixed!!
On Saturday, I got up early to make lasagna and brownies for our friends that just had a new baby. I used the no-cook noodles and followed the recipe on the back of the box.
I also made these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies...
If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together these brownies are for you! Be warned though, they are very rich!
Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 egg, and milk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, 2 cups white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the remaining 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; mix into the batter. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Remove 1 cup of the chocolate batter. Spread the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top. Drop the reserved chocolate batter by teaspoonful over the filling. Using a knife, gently swirl through the top layers for a marbled effect.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com
I've been looking through my magazines for Easter decoration and craft ideas. Yesterday, we went to Michaels and got some supplies. As you can see we will be having lots of fun with pipe cleaners and pom-poms this week. :0)
Speaking of Easter crafts I wanted to show you these cute Easter baskets. I had the pleasure of meeting Heather from Steven's Rib, her daughter Elissa and little boy, Seth. We had a wonderful visit and we chatted like we were old friends! She made us these stamped Easter baskets filled with Easter candy. Aren't they cute?!
Thank you, again Heather for the baskets and the wonderful visit!
I made a few Easter decorations Sunday afternoon. The first are place card holders for our Easter dinner. I found these gift tags at Michaels. I added an Easter sticker and wrote our names on each one. Very easy!
Lastly, this idea came from the latest Martha Stewart issue. If you follow the link, you can print out the templates and get directions.
This mother hen is busy watching over her three chicks.
A baby chick...
These is a candy surprise inside each chick. These would make great place card holders too!
Thank you for looking at my Easter decorations! I'll have a few more to show you later and also share a Hot Cross Bun recipe. Have a great week!