I've been tagged by Copperswife for the Six Weird Things About Me meme! If you haven't met Copperswife yet, you should go visit her after reading this. She is so wonderful that I'm thinking about asking her to adopt me. :0)
Ok, here they are: Six Weird Things About Me! Actually, before I begin I should tell you that they are known as "issues" around my house. Let's begin with my "Raisin Issues."
1. I don't like raisins. Don't like looking at them or even thinking about them. My dad likes to throw them at me which leads to screaming, hiding under pillows and even locking him out of my house. ;0) And if that isn't weird enough, I love currants. And no, they are not "little raisins" as Phillip likes to call them. They are completely different! And yummy. :0)
2. "Leftover Issues." I don't want to be a wasteful person so I'm getting better with leftovers, but there are some rules. No tupperware. No storing soft foods like mashed potatoes or cooked noodles in ziplocks. Refrigerated leftovers must be put in glass dishes and covered with tin foil or saran wrap.
3. "Bridge Issues." I don't like driving over bridges with water underneath them. You never know if its on it's last leg and my van is the one that finally does it in.
4. "Pumping Gas Issues." I know gas pumps have this nifty way of clasping the handle down so you don't have to stand there holding it the entire time, but I don't trust it. How does it know when your gas tank is full anyways? Does it have eyes? I can see it now...Gas pouring out, all over the van, my shoes and me not being able to get the handle unclasped or find the emergency stop button!
So, I just "guess" when it's full. I stop pumping somewhere around $28.00 or $29.00. When gas prices change this really messes me up! Of course, it drives Phillip crazy when I don't fill it up all the way, so I try to trick him by stopping at a random number like $28. 67 or $29. 34. I make it different every time..hehe. He is much too clever for this though, but he is sweet and doesn't say anything.
5. "Repetitive Noise Issues." And by repetitive I mean more than two times in a row. Clicking, thumping, humming, banging, etc. As you know with three children this happens a lot, all day long. :0) So I just grin and bear it (most of the time!) and repeat to myself, "It's almost over, there, there, deep breaths."
6. Oh, please don't make me embarrass myself any longer! Last one. "Balloon Issues." Actually, it's more of a latex issue. I can't stand the smell. When I paint, I get non-latex gloves. I dread birthday parties because of the balloons. Festivals, store openings. Please don't offer my children a balloon! Plus they make that awful squeaking noise and you know someone will show them the "rub it on your hair and stick it to the wall" trick. Ahhhh......
Is anyone still here? I promise not to be scary anymore!! Thanks for tagging me Copperwife! I'll email you about the adoption thing. ;0)