Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I enjoyed reading all of your weekend plans! I am especially envious of Mrs. Staggs going to see the movie "Miss Potter." :0)

It was a very rainy and dreary day yesterday but we didn't let that stop us from going out. We went to a couple of resale stores, IKEA and a piano store. I found the sheet music for Pride and Prejudice, now I just have to figure out which song to learn first!

Today is nice and sunny and Grace went to an American Girl birthday party this afternoon. She was told to dress like a "girl from the 1930's." It was hard to find an exact 1930's outfit but we used our imaginations while looking around various resale stores. We found a purple skirt, white shirt and cardigan sweater. She is also wearing a gold heart locket necklace and a small bow in her hair.

Her doll Molly, went with her. She is wearing her party dress. :0)




We are all going to another birthday party this evening. You can never have too much birthday cake right?! Talk to you all soon!

16 comments:

Patty said...

Grace looks so cute, and so does her doll.
I sent you some pictures of my girls with their American Girl dolls, we got them when it was Pleasant Company, way back in the 1980's !

Reviekat said...

Oh, she is so cute!! How fun that she and her doll were able to dress up and go to a party. Please tell Grace that she and Molly are adorable!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Grace and Molly look perfect for the party!
I am buying a really cute Simplicity pattern (on sale at Hobby Lobby this week) to make a cute robe and pj's for the American Girl doll which Santa
brought my grandaughter for Christmas...yes, the sewing addiction continues!

Marci said...

I think that Grace and Molly looked just right. Did everyone dress for that time period, or did each girl get a different one. Let us know how the party was.

Susie said...

Adorable picture! Aren't birthday parties fun??
:)

Anonymous said...

Grace & Molly were lovely in their party clothes!!

No, no such thing as too much birthday cake. My youngest child's birthday is Tuesday, which can only mean one thing....birthday cake for breakfast Wednesday morning!

dot said...

Tell Grace she is a "little doll" herself!

Sharon said...

She and her doll looks adorable! I'm sure they had a great time at the birthday party.

Mrs. Darling said...

How cute.

I wish we had an Ikea close. Unfortunately the nearest Ikea is 200 miles from here! I love that store!

mrsnesbitt said...

dO YOU KNOW THE SONG..."mISS pOLLY HAD A DOLLY WHO WAS SICK SICK SICK?"

Open Roads Mama said...

You play piano? Me too, or at least I try, as a self-learner I can't really play everything. :-) But I always try. :-)

Lisa said...

She's adorable! I love the color of the skirt! It compliments her perfectly! *Smile*

theups said...

How FUN!! An American Girls party!! Ooohhh!! I wish I had been close enough to go with her!! What a wonderful time she must've had!!

His,
Mrs. U

(See, Kelli!! I DO need to move next door! Once again, another reason!!!!)

Susan P. said...

Oh, Grace looks adorable! American Girls were just becoming popular when Miss Bonnie was around ten, I think. She absolutely loved Molly and she always wanted me to braid her hair like Molly and even wanted to wear glasses even though she had 20/20 vision! LOL We went to a mother/daughter American Girl fashion show and it was so much fun! Thanks for bringing back some good memories. BTW, I'm so sad, Miss Potter isn't playing ANYWHERE close to us:(

Kelli said...

Grace says thank you very much for all the sweet comments!

Marci, all the girls dressed up like the 1930's. They looked so cute!

Ola, I took piano lessons from the time I was 8 until 17, then started taking lessons again a few years ago. Do you play classical pieces?

Mrs. Nesbitt, I don't think I know that song...

Lena said...

The Miss Potter movie is wonderful Kelli!
Your daughter and her doll look so sweet and charming. What a nice way to celebrate a birthday!