Sunday, February 18, 2007

Homemaking Meme

Thank you for your comments on my Five Senses Weekend post. All the muffins are gone but they were handy for snacks and we even had them for dinner, along with some scrambled eggs. I am *trying* to make a mini stuffed lamb as part of the baby gift. I had to rip the stitches out of the head 3 times and now the legs aren't right. When I saw "Simple to make" I should have run away then! I will be sure to share photos of all the gifts and hopefully the lamb too, as soon as I'm finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend, Mrs. Monise tagged me for this fun homemaking meme. Here are my answers as well as some pictures....


Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like? Yes, I wear an apron while baking. My favorite apron is this vintage patchwork one. It's very tiny. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it around my left leg! ;0)



Baking – Favorite thing to bake: Looking at my recipe section in the sidebar, I’d have to say desserts!

Clothesline – Y/N? Yes, but I don’t use it like I thought I would. It does make a wonderful photo prop as seen in the apron photo! :0)

Donuts – Have you ever made them? I love donuts but I’m too scared of deep frying to make them.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day: Sweep the kitchen floor.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze? No

Garbage Disposal – Y/N? Yes. I have a special knack for clogging them up too. Just ask Phillip!

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource? Home Comforts by Cheryl Mendelson.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Not a fan.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it? In the kitchen. Isn't this a requirement in every home?!



Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme- Yellow walls, oak cupboards, lots of tea cups and teapots. You can see pictures in my sidebar.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking? When everything is nice and clean and I even have a plan for dinner!

Mop – Y/N? I do not own a mop. I clean the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a cloth.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine? Machine. It has a “wash by hand” setting though!

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check? Open the oven. Bad, I know.

Pizza – What do you put on yours? Mushrooms and black olives.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Read or play the piano.

Recipe card box I have one but never use it. I print my recipes out and put them in three-ring binders.

Style of house? One story, brick. 1800 square feet.

Tablecloths and napkins-I have several tablecloths and runners. I have cloth napkins but use paper ones too. My tablecloths are in a basket in the laundry room.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland? Organized.

Vacuum – How many times per week? Several times, as needed. Vacuuming might be my favorite chore.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Hmmm.....5-8. All the laundry (except dishcloths and towels) go into these 3 laundry bags in my bathroom. It looks like I'm washing reds next!


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? Sometimes on paper, I always have a list in my head.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what? I do the gardening. I also love to trim the shrubs and bushes. Phillip cuts the grass.

Spring time comes early in Texas. Today, I saw some Irish moss peeking up out of the ground.


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Make sure all the doors are locked. Sometimes I check twice. :0)


Thanks for reading my homemaking meme. If you would like to play too, consider yourself tagged! Be sure to let me know, so I can come read yours!

21 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Kelli - I love this post! It's SO fun.

Unknown said...

That was fun Kelli!

Candy said...

Kelli~ I was going through your past posts and you have a FANTASTIC blog!! Oh my goodness, some great ideas, and your pictures are so well taken. I can never seem to get the hang of taking pictures that nicely.
Your kids are so adorable too.
Im really enjoying your blog. May I add it to my favorite links once my template is completed?

~ Candy

Karen said...

Love this post. I might try it soon. I also love your aprons. So pretty.
Enjoy your day!
Karen

Susie said...

Fun meme Kelli!
I have a laundry sorter like that too and I'm so happy I got it. I do like to hang my clothes outside when the weather permits!
I haven't done this meme, but may at some point..I'll let you know!
:)

Julieann said...

I so enjoyed your meme--you and I got tagged together, or I would have tagged you:) I love how you put pictures with it, very nice:)

Julieann:)

Rebecca said...

Hey Kelli! Hope you had a pleasant weekend! I am glad you did this meme thing. I did last week, but the way I am addicted to posting things, you may not have seen it. Here is the link, if you are interested.

http://zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com/2007/02/z-homemaking.html

I love that you added photos in certain areas. That was a GREAT idea! I love that patchwork apron too! Do your girls get to wear that one? So cute!

Calico Sky said...

How did you learn all these homemaking things?! My mom doesn't even know a single recipe, so I am learning slowly but surely! But I can do nothing like you - no baking, no canning, no crafts, no sewing!
You are talented!!!

Carole Burant said...

Hi Kelli:-) So enjoyed reading your answers to this meme...about the ironing, I'm not a big fan of it either! LOL I was tagged by someone else for this meme so I'll have to get at it soon. Hugs xox

Anita said...

What a pretty vintage apron you have!

Thanks for sharing all those interesting "homemaking" details... ;-))

Marci said...

Kelli, please tell me that the picture you showed was NOT your junk drawer? I true junk drawer is a heap of tangled rubber bands, crayons, light bulbs, batteries, tape measures, etc. Not a neat drawer with a cute white bin with some misc. items. =)

Amber said...

That was a fun meme! I mop my floors on my hands and knees too. It's amazing what you find. I love the apron!

Tina Leigh said...

Hey I enjoyed that as much as the 5 senses! Cool!

CONNIE W said...

Kelli, I commented earlier, but tonight I looked at all the photos on the list for a "tour" of your home. Everything is lovely and I must comment! Wonderful blog!

Lena said...

This was a fun post to read! Baking desserts is my favorite too!

Momma Roar said...

You certainly do have a wonderful knack for this whole blog-thing! I love checking out your blog - and I can't wait to try the banana crumb muffins! Yummy!

Karen said...

Kelli, I did it. My first meme ever. I enjoyed yours as well.

dot said...

Kelli, Flora posted a baked donut recipe on her blog a while back. I wish you would try it out and tell me how it is. lol. Frying sure makes a mess in the kitchen

Kelli said...

Marci, I like to think of our garage as one giant junk drawer..LOL We're working on it!

Kelli

someone else said...

Hi Kelli,
I like this meme and will be putting it together for next week. I'll come back and tell you when it's up. This was a fun one.

La Tea Dah said...

Hi Kelli, I'm here from Revee's blog. So nice to meet you! I found a picture of your lovely patchwork apron. How exciting! I purchased two in that design from eBay this winter and have them posted on my blog. Mine are of a lighter color scheme, but the placement of the blocks is identical. How interesting to find another. . .

LaTeaDah
http://www.gracioushospitality.blogspot.com