Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Homemade Cards~Paper Crafting Thursday

The winners of last week's paper crafting are Michelle and Hannah. Please email me your addresses and I'll get your prizes in the mail!

Valentine cards
Welcome to this week's homemade card project! I made Valentine cards, but any kind of paper, stamps, or stickers will work.

Card
You will need a blank 5 1/2" x 4" notecard.

Paper
Cut 2- 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" strips of scrapbooking paper and 1- 2" x 5 1/4" strip from coordinating paper.

Paper
Shade the edges with an ink pad, if desired.

Card
Glue smaller strips to front of card, as shown.

Card
Glue the remaining strip in the center.

Paper
Cut a small oval from cardstock (size with depend on the stamp or stickers you use.) Add stamp or stickers.

Card
Glue to front of card.

Card
I also added a tiny gem.

Card
Another version.

Card
A vintage style bird version.

~More Homemade Cards~

A few more things I've made recently...
Cards
New baby petite notecards.

Card
Little Women greeting card.

Card
Secret Garden greeting card.

Fabric Cards
Paper doll fabric notecards.


Items can be found in my Etsy Shop! Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

Paper Craft Fun: Post any kind of paper craft (card, bookmark, tag, banner, journal, etc.) on your blog between now and next week and come sign Mr. Linky. Next Thursday, I will draw two of the names and the winners will receive supplies for a homemade card: blank notecard, envelope, and an assortment of scrapbook paper, stickers (or stamped images), and ribbon. Link back here in your post, so that others will know where to join in the fun, too!

31 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

I'll be making one for my valentine. Thank you. Mimi

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Your website is very inspirational. I've been a bit out of the cardmaking mood for a year or so now, but your blog has helped kickstart that desire again. Thanks! Your cards are lovely.

BECKY said...

Hi Kelli!!
Love your new petite cards and the fabric cards!! Just precious!! I so enjoy seeing what you create!
Blessings,
Becky

Me said...

Hey Kelli,

What kind of glue do you use? I've noticed that Elmer's will show through quite easily. Hot glue can too, though not as bad. I was going to try Alleen's (sp?) Craft Glue next.

Terri said...

Your cards always put mine to shame, Kelli. You do such a beautiful job!

LBP said...

All your cards are so pretty, but I especially love the paper doll fabric cards! Too Cute!

Blessings

Linda

Anonymous said...

I love that rabbit scene..is it a stamp or printed image? If it's a stamp I'd love to know who makes such great ones! Thank you for my inspiration...again!
Penny

LillyB said...

These are so beautiful!!! Thank you for showing how to do them!! I will give it a try!
God Bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelli.

All of your cards are lovely. Yes, I was wondering about the glue too. I use Elmer's thinned and it make the paper or cards wavy a bit. Same with glue stick.

Love Bears All Things said...

As always, I loved the paper craft tutorial.
Mama Bear

Secondhand Blessings said...

Your cards are always so pretty.
I like the card with the roses; it is so feminine. I always look forward to your next creation.
Brenda

marie said...

Kelli ~ your paper crafts are always so beautiful! I love the cards with birds and the sweet petite baby notecards.

dot said...

Your cards are so cute!

Anonymous said...

those cards are so sweet!

Lori said...

Very pretty Valentines and other cards. I love them.
I soo need to get some cards made up here.

Lori said...

Very pretty Valentines and other cards. I love them.
I soo need to get some cards made up here.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Your cards are so sweet and I love the paper doll one.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous cards - beautifully crafted.
I love the vintage images too
I have been making cards this week thanks to new stamps and have put them on my blog

Clare said...

Thankyou for sharing you always inspire me.

GranthamLynn said...

So pretty and what a sweet gift you got the other day too. Thank goodness the ice is gone! It was hard at our place the hoses froze thankfully we already filled all the water for the animals. Our pipes froze and we didn't have water till 3:00 yesterday. Thankfully they thawed with no mishap! Have a great beautifully sunny day!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Those are so sweet!

I hope to have some made for next time.

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
What beautiful cards! I just love them!
Miriam :)

teachermomof2 said...

Thank you for the ideas! I love them all and can't wait to get started on my Valentines.

A Hint of Home said...

Your cards are very pretty. Love the valentine and the Little Women.

Shelley said...

Lovely valentines. You are a never ending source of inspiration!

Melanie said...

Very sweet Valentine cards!

maggie fellow said...

Great cards - I am giving some of my valentine cards away next Thursday too. Everyone stop by and enter

http://www.stampingwithmaggie.com/stamping_with_maggie/2009/01/time-for-a-giveaway.html

Lisa Cobler said...

Your cards are stunning. You are very talented.

GlorV1 said...

Those are very nice cards. I usually buy my hubby a valentine card and an anniversary card. We're sweethearts. Thx for sharing.

Anonymous said...

They're all so beautiful, Kelli! Your entire line in the Etsy shop is divine!

Kelli said...

I use Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive which you find find in the scrapbook/craft section at Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Walmart. A little goes a long way!
~Kelli