Thursday, June 04, 2009

Thursday Chit~Chat

rob-desantis-shades-of-summer-ii
Good morning! Thank you for your comments on my cards and gift tags. I'm going to be taking a summer break from Paper Crafting Wednesday, although I may share a couple of projects over the next three months. Thank you to all who have joined in the fun! I will announce the upcoming winners next Wednesday.

I had a few requests for the Bacon and Cheddar quiche we had for dinner. Here is the recipe...
Bacon quiche
Choose-a-Flavor Quiche

Pastry for single crust pie
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup cooked chicken, ham, or bacon
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss, colby, or cheddar
1 tablespoon flour

Prepare pastry for single crust pie. Line the pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 450F oven for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5-7 more minutes or until pastry is nearly done. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 325F. Meanwhile, in a bowl sir together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. I also added a little garlic powder and paprika. Stir in meat. In a separate bowl, toss cheese with flour. Add to egg mixture; mix well. Pour mixture into hot pastry shell. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I am going to a scrapbooking convention today, which should be a lot of fun. I'll be back later for show and tell!

17 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. I am going to try it soon. Sounds like a good use of leftovers too.

Pam

marie said...

Thanks for the recipe and have fun at the convention!

Linda said...

Oh, I'm so happy you posted this recipe. Thank you. When I first saw it I thought it looked so delish...hugs, Linda

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Great recipe~you had my mouth watering! I'm sure you'll do it again with your show and tell!!! Can't wait~
everything vintage

Michele said...

You just inspired me, I think I will make a quiche for lunch tomorrow
:) Yours looks delicious!

Jules said...

Sounds yummy. I may give this a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Hope you are having fun srapbooking today! :o)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Kelli
Hope you enjoyed the scrapbook convention. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Lindsay

Jenn said...

OOOH that looks good! I hope you are able to post tid bits here and there of your summer ;-)

My open roads said...

THANK YOU!

Tina Leigh said...

Thanks for the recipe it looks really good!

Kelli said...

Enjoy the convention! Sounds like a lot of fun!
~Kalianne

A Hint of Home said...

Looks sooo yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.

j said...

Drat! I have terrible timing. I was going to comment that I didn't realize that you hosted a Paper Crafting Blog Carnival. If you begin again after the summer would you let me know? I would love to participate a time or two!

Have a blessed day!

Elizabeth said...

Yum,I'm definitely trying this one!
God bless,
Elizabeth

Cindy said...

I can't wait to try it. It looks delicious!'Cindy

Sharri said...

Loved the gorgeous beach picture..wish I was sitting in one of those chairs right now! :)

Glad you posted the yummy recipe!

Shopgirl said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Hugs, Mary