Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring!

IMG_7895.JPG.jpeg
Happy First Day of Spring! We normally have very warm springs in Texas, but it is 33F right now with a possible chance of snow!

Daisy
We are staying warm and cozy inside.

Cookies
I made Green Chile Chicken (I'll share the recipe on Monday) and a big batch of cookies filled with Heath bar caramel pieces.

Alice in Wonderland
I have also been doing a bit of reading. I found an old copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass at the antique bookstore last weekend.

Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland
It's filled with sweet pictures of Alice and everyone she meets in Wonderland.

Alice in Wonderland gift tags
They have been the inspiration for some new Alice tags and cards in my Etsy shop. Have you seen the new movie?

Alice in Wonderland Gift tags

Alice in Wonderland gift tags
Well, that is what I've been up to. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Beautiful things..
-lv-nancy

Denise said...

It turned cold here too and we've been inside all day with the heating on! I made some breakfast puffs today from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook. Hoping we can get out in the garden tomorrow as it's supposed to warm up again.

GlorV1 said...

Hi Kelli. I love your family pet member just cozing up on the couch. How sweet and those cookies look delish. Have a great Sunday and enjoy your reading.

GlorV1 said...

I forgot, Happy Spring Kelli.

Unknown said...

wonderful vintage finds. LOVE the books.

Southern Lady said...

The cookies look yummy. Hope spring comes soon to you. My daughter's school is doing the play Alice in Wonderland. Her principal took all of the students to see the movie, she liked it. However, she is sixteen and her taste and mine are a little different. Enjoy your book! Carla

Lara said...

Such cozy things! Your tags look great!

Sherri said...

I love the springtime flowers! Your cookies look YUMMY and the vintage books are lovely.

Beth Gales said...

What a sweet post....I love that crystal dangling near the daffodils! Can't have too much sparkle whatever the season!

Jill said...

Hi Kelli,

Thanks for visiting me and leaving your kind comment.

Happy Spring to you too! We've had warm weather all week, which opened up lots of flowers over the weekend. I'm glad you're making the most of your 'unseasonal' weather.

Your tags and cards are just beautiful. XO

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
I LOVE your stamping.Lovely.Do you make video tuterals?
Iley