Surprise your family with this indoor version of a s'more!
1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups sugar
6 tablespoons butter
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Heat the oven to 375F. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a separate dish and add it to the crumb mixture. Mix well and press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the remaining cup of sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt in a saucepan. Set the pan over medium heat and gradually whisk in the milk, stirring until smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then remove pan from heat.
3. Whisk 1/2 cup of the hot chocolate mixutre into the egg yolks. Repeat with 1 cup of the chocolate mixture, then return the chocolate and egg mixture to the saucepan. Boil over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring contantly.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the vanilla extract. Pour the filling into the pie crust and allow it to cool at least 15 minutes or chill it in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Just before serving, heat the oven to broil. Cover the pie with the mini marshmallows and place in oven for about 30 seconds or until the marshmallows are lightly browned. Watch carefully, or the marshmallow will burn! Serve warm or chilled.
I will now leave you with some wise words from Miss Piggy:
"Never eat more than you can lift!" :0)
GASP! That looks so good!
OH MY!! I've got to make that one soon! Maybe have it waiting for the kiddos coming home from school on their first day back. Thanks for sharing.
ROFL over Miss Piggy's quote! So, so yummy, another one to put on my "to bake list!"
Kelli this makes me think of fall. Oh it looks really good!
Good looking pie. I think my men will thank you for posting it!!!!
Groan...you realize my hips are gonna thank you huh? lol What a delicious sounding recipe and one I will be trying for sure!! Thanks so much for sharing:-)
I love miss piggy's quote!
Your recipe sounds so delicious and the results look fabulous! It's good that you reminded us of Miss Piggy's advice. On the other hand, maybe this is dangerous. She and I have come to resemble each other way too much! LOL
hnak you my girls would love this !!!! Clarice
We love smores, one of the few sweet treats everyone here will eat, and now there is a pie ~ oh boy, here we come!!
Wow does that look Y-U-M-M-Y!
What a great recipe! I don't have to wait for the once a year camping trip to enjoy one of my favorite treats anymore!! Thanks!
Post a Comment