Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday, August 18, 2007

The weekend is here! Phillip is off visiting a Star Wars museum with his brother, and the kids and I are enjoying the cooler weather that arrived yesterday. In fact, it rained so hard last night that the power went out for about 1/2 an hour!

Several of you may remember when my sister, Melissa came for a visit a year ago. Not only was she was brave enough to join in for our "Prairie Days" experiment she taught us how to smock!


She eventually turned this smocking into a doll dress. I have to admit that I didn't work on my small project once she left, but we won't tell her that, ok? ;0)


She also made beautiful knitted pillows for the girls.

Anyways, Melissa now has her own blog! It's called Bombshell Studios and yesterday she made a cookie that was almost too pretty to eat. Not quite though!

I would love if you would go over and say a quick hello!!

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do remember your sister visting you last year and all the fun you had (even with the heat during your Prairie days). Have a wonderful weekend. I'm popping over to your sister's blog now. Here I go.......

Mimi said...

I love the smocking... my mom learned to do it after I married and left home... so I never learned... it is so cool... it makes beautiful pillows!!
I'll stop by your sisters blog now.

Susan said...

Love the smocking!! Lovely.
Susan

Carole Burant said...

I certainly do remember when your sister visited you last year...gosh, has it been a year already? Time is going by much too fast!! How wonderful that she's started her own blog...I'll go there now and welcome her to the blogging world:-) xox

dot said...

Those thingies she baked look DElisious!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I've desperately been wanting to learn smocking for 17 years now. Someday I'll take a class. Maybe in time for a grand daughter.

Cherish the Home said...

I stopped by and said hello to Melissa and you're right, her cookies did look delicious! (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Naturegirl said...

Creativity runs in your family I see! I shall go by and say hello! hugs NG

Susie said...

Smocking is a real talent! I'm going to go say hello to your sister!
xo

Anonymous said...

The cookies looked WONDERFUL!!!
Now for the interesting part... SMOCKING? I have never heard of that! It looks amazingly fun and calming.

Unknown said...

Love Melissa's work (particularly the cushion). Have been across to her blog. It is lovely and the biscuit slice looks delicious.

Blessings and bliss

Gena said...

She made such pretty things!

I'm so happy for you that it is cooler in Texas. It isn't here. Our power went out a couple of nights ago because a transformer had blown from being overloaded. It took them 7 hours to get it repaired. It was hot!!!

Rebecca said...

Oh MAN!

You know how to SMOCK!?!?! i have wanted to do that for YEARSSSS!!!!

There are just not enough hours in the day....

PS. Heading over there to say hello. Like I need another blog to become addicted to! ;-)

Melissa said...

Thank you everyone for visiting!