Saturday, September 20, 2008
Thank you to all who joined in for show and tell and for your comments on my special Autumn treasures! We've had a busy Saturday, but are about to relax and celebrate the upcoming first day of fall. It's been our tradition to watch Anne of Green Gables, and I made some Gingerbread cupcakes for our snack.
5 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl. Add molasses, eggs and milk and blend well.
3. Sift together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared tin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees 18-20 minutes. Remove cupcakes to cooling rack. Frost when completely cooled.
~Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting~
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
Cream butter and cream cheese together. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until fluffy.
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with your family! I'll be around to visit you soon.