Monday, February 06, 2006

I love Half Price Books


Book finds
Originally uploaded by pwinn.
I had a great time at the bookstore. I woke up on my birthday and read some new Victoria magazines so that cheered me up. I'm not going to tell you how many out of print Victoria's I found ( I don't want to make anyone sad!) but I did find some duplicates to share. I found three E. Nesbit books. The kids and I are going to start "Five Children and It" tonight. I got "A stitch in time" which is a quilt trilogy. It takes place in the late 1800's. Last, but not least, I found a Louisa May Alcott book that I had not heard of. "Under the Lilacs." I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but this book has a very nice one. :0)
The cashier gave most of the Victoria's to me for $1.00 plus 15 % off my total bill. And she didn't even know it was my birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli,
I would like to work out a deal with you for some of your extra Victoria magazines. Also who wrote the Stitch in Time books? They sound good. I am glad you had a happy birthday.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Kelli said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Email me at kwinn@hotmail.com. I would be happy to share.

Kelli said...

Elizabeth,
The author is Anne Rinaldi. Here is a link from Amazon for you.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785764755/sr=1-1/qid=1139432723/ref=sr_1_1/002-1958817-5336035?%5Fencoding=UTF8