Message from Grace: Thank you for all the nice comments about my bubble blower and rice krispies!! The rice krispies are already gone. :0)
Good morning! I saw this recipe over my my mother-in-law's blog and since I love mushrooms I decided to give it a try. The list of ingredients is simple but the sauce ends up being nice and rich!
Chicken a la Queen
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Montreal Chicken Seasoning, to taste ( I used a couple of teaspoons)
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped (I used 1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 tsp thyme
1. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high. Add chicken breasts and sprinkle with Montreal seasoning. Saute 5 -6 minutes per side.
2. Add bell pepper, and saute a few more minutes until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender-crisp. I cut the chicken up into smaller pieces so it would cook faster.
Remove from skillet, set aside, and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, add broth and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from pan bottom.
4. Add mushrooms, onion, and thyme; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer about 5 minutes.
5. Raise heat to medium and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes, until sauce is reduced.
6. Spoon mushroom/onion sauce over chicken and serve!
This would great served over rice or buttered noodles. We had boring old spinach salad with ours. ;0)
I noticed something scary while taking this picture. White tablecloth...red berry tea. Fortunately, there were no spills!
Have a great Thursday!