Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homemade Christmas Card ~ Paper Crafting Thursday!

The winners of last week's paper crafting are Shelley and Chestnut Hollow. Please email me your addresses and I'll get your prizes in the mail!

Notecard
Welcome to this week's paper project! Most of us are probably busy with Christmas preparations, so this is a simple card...you only need scrapbook paper and ribbon!

Notecard

Notecard
Another version.

Notecard
You will need a blank 5 1/2" x 4" notecard.

Notecard
Cover with a 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" piece of scrapbook paper.

Paper
Cut a 4" x 1" strip of matching paper.

Paper
Along with three small circles of scrapbook paper. The size will depend on the pattern.

Paper
Glue to paper strip, as shown.

Paper
Cut a small slit at both ends of strip.

Paper
Thread a length of ribbon (I forgot to measure, but enough to wrap around card and make a bow) through slits.

Notecard
Position strip on the front of card and wrap ribbon around card (through the middle). Glue strip in place.

Notecard
Tie a bow and send to a friend!

~More Homemade Cards~


Here are a some Christmas tags I've made recently...
Christmas Tags

Christmas tags

Christmas Tags

Items can be found in my Etsy Shop!

Paper Craft Fun: Post any kind of paper craft (card, bookmark, tag, banner, journal, etc.) on your blog between now and next week and come sign Mr. Linky. Next Thursday, I will draw two of the names and the winners will receive supplies for a homemade card: blank notecard, envelope, and an assortment of scrapbook paper, stickers (or stamped images), and ribbon. Link back here in your post, so that others will know where to join in the fun, too!

Thank you for stopping by! This will be the last Paper Crafting Thursday until after the New Year.


Links are now closed. Paper Crafting Thursday will resume in January; please join us then!

33 comments:

Britta said...

They are just beautyful. I love that self made things. And the christmas living room in your earlier post looks really great.

Hugs,
Britta

P. said...

Lovely cards.

Alfazema

Anonymous said...

some gorgeous ideas here! beautiful.

Lara said...

Everything looks beautiful. Thank you for all these wonderful ideas.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! I really love the tags with the Christmas trees.

Jennilee said...

Beautiful tags!

And the card is too!

Heather said...

very pretty. i looked at your etsy shop and you have so many beautiful things. you have been very busy!

Anonymous said...

I don;t have an entry today -- my paper crafting will be addressing Christmas cards. :-) But I enjoyed seeing this technique, and your tags are pretty.

Julie said...

Great idea and simple!! Thanks for sharing. Julie

Mel said...

Sweet cards & tags, love that personal touch!

Thanks for sharing the how to do's~ Will have to try this...

Needled Mom said...

Great card AND tags. Those would be fun to make.

Love Bears All Things said...

I enjoyed the tutorial as usual.
Mama Bear

Janet, said...

You always make such beautiful crafts!

A Hint of Home said...

Very pretty cards! You do such a good job with them.

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
This is the first time that I have ever participated in one of these!
I have posted mine.
Your cards are so pretty! I especially like the Christmas trees!
Miriam :)

Kelly said...

Love them ALL!!! And everyone should visit your Etsy shop ...it is so much fun and tons of great things!!!

HUGS~
Kelly

Tami said...

Cute Christmas tags!

TJ said...

Beautiful! I loved browsing you etsy shop, I hope mine looks half as nice if I ever get it up and running.

And that first card looks easy enough that even I could make it! Thanks so much for your step by step instructions!
TJ

Michelle said...

As usual, absolutely adorable! You are so talented with paper!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work

I have paper crafting on my blog most days and am working on a Christmas hournal at the moment

Susan said...

Thanks for the great card idea, and as always - LOVE your tags!

Ms. Tee said...

Your cards & tags are so pretty, Kelli. :) I especially love that snowflake paper!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the paper you used on the top... very nice cards, thanks for always sharing your heart! Mica

Jodi said...

Kelli,

I love how beautifully you've decorated your home, inside and out! What a creative idea to put your childhood skates on your front door. I hope that brings back wonderful memories every time you see them! I love your Christmas tree tags too! :)

Lady Katherine said...

How easy you make it look! They are so pretty!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Kelli, beautiful cards. Your decorating on all your posts is sooo wonderful. Looks like you are enjoying everything about December...I'm so glad. I love your blog and all the lovely things you give us on a regular basis. Thank you.
Debbie

Grace said...

What beautiful cards! :) Love your blog & your creative, beautiful ideas. Thanks for sharing these simple but lovely templates!

nancy said...

Kelli, Your cards and tags are more beautiful all the time. I just love this batch! Didn't have anything I could show this week!
Nancy

Clare said...

Lovely cards , thanks for the insipiration.
Clare

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Kelli
I enjoyed your Christmas show and tell. I love that snow globe and Christmas bunnies.
The card is beautiful as always and the Christmas tags with the trees on look really special and individual.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay

Farrah said...

Very pretty!! :-)

Homeschool Diva said...

These are beautiful cards! I should really get in on these paper crafting activities sometime!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards. I stumbled across your blog recently while I was looking for inspiration. I certainly found it! Brava!