Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Garlic and Cinnamon Bread Twists
Good morning! I hope your week is going well so far. Phillip was out of town for a few days, but is back at home and taking the rest of the week off. Today I'm going to share a new recipe for bread twists, so get out your apron and rolling pin!
I used my Homemade Pizza dough recipe and doubled it, so I could make a batch of both garlic and cinnamon twists.
Soft Bread Twists
1 (.25) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm water (110F degrees)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a 15 x 12" rectangle.
4. Cut dough into 1 inch strips lengthwise and then in half.
5. Twist each strip several times and place 1 inch apart on greased baking sheet.
Garlic Twists: Combine 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in small bowl and brush over dough twists.
Bake at 425F for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with remaining butter mixture and enjoy!
Cinnamon Twists: Brush twists with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 425F for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
These make a great snack on a summer afternoon. Let me know if you make some, too!