Saturday, February 09, 2008

Vellum Heart Garland

Garland
This heart garland is very easy to make!

Paper
Here is what you will need: vellum paper (available at Michaels and Joannes), a heart template, scissors, hole punch, and ribbon.
Supplies

Embroidery floss
I actually used a single strand of embroidery floss instead of ribbon.

Hearts
Cut out lots of hearts and punch a hole at the top of each one.

Hearts
Thread a 2-3 inch long piece of thread through the hole and tie onto a long strand of thread (however long you want your garland). Trim ends. Repeat with all the hearts.

Window
Hang in a window so the sun can shine through!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and quite simple, I might have to have a go at it and try one for myself! Its so feminine and dainty too!

Thank you for your lovely blog Kelli! You have a gift and you are such a sweet blessing!

Quinne said...

Hi Kelli :) What a pretty idea! My Miss M will love that. Thanks for sharing it - Love, Q

Anonymous said...

That looks so gorgeous, I love the colours and the way the light shines through the garland !!
Have a great Sunday !!

Lori said...

You are so creative. Love the heart garland.

Gena said...

So pretty! I love vellum and I love the hearts and the colors. I might keep something like this up all year round.

Heather Anne said...

I think our Dreamer will have fun with this project too! I know she will want to use the pretty pink floral vellum that I've been saving ( hoarding) for just the 'right' project - and I think this is it!!! Thank you so much Kelli!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful (and simple - my favorite kind) Valentine decoration! The light through the window just makes those hearts gleam!

Stitcher S said...

Very sweet, and pretty!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful garland. I love how the light shines through.