Saturday, February 09, 2008

Weekend Chit~Chat

Birdseed
Hello everyone! It was a warm February day here in Texas. We have not had any snow this year which is both surprising and sad. Having grown up in Canada, I miss having four real seasons.

Thank you for all your comments on my valentine decorations. Many of you asked where I find the time to do it all. Well, I didn't do everything all at once. The heart garland has been up for 2 weeks, I made the wreath banner and "Time to love" cards last weekend, and the centerpiece a few days ago.

I'm am a list maker (I actually use computer desktop "post-its," to keep track of everything. I have one for weekly, daily, and blogging/Seasonal Delights lists, but the truth is, I don't sit down much during the day. :0)

Grace and Emily
Well, I did sit down a lot on my birthday. The girls and I spent most of the day making Valentines! Benjamin rested on the couch and watched PBS since he wasn't feeling well.

Valentine
Here are some Valentines that I made. I meant to get pictures of the ones the girls made, but they had them sealed up in envelopes before I had a chance!
Valentines

Anyways, I always seem to run out of time like everyone else. Wouldn't a couple extra hours a day be nice?! I'll be coming by to visit you all shortly, I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Oh, one more thing...I posted some pictures and instructions for the vellum heart garland down below.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!!

Those Valentines are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Kel I tagged you with alittle meme. Nothing big. Had to tag someone with my middle name and for K I thought of you.

Barbara said...

Hi Kelli,
thanks for your lovely comment on my blog....I love yours ...and I enjoy every post of you...will visit again ..
Warm regards Barbara

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Kelli! Thanks for stopping by...I hope they think the cupcakes are yummy!

Your Valentine's are GREAT! I wish I had made them with my Mom when I was little. They will remember these times later in life. Way to go!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

You and the girls made such sweet Valentines. I love your bird feeder....so pretty even when there is no visitors :-) Have a blessed Sunday....Rosie

Heart 4 My Home said...

What precious Valentine cards. I have always wanted to try my hand at craft projects like this but I never have. Once we get moved and settled in I think I will venture and start making our Thanksgiving cards. Maybe if IU start in late spring I'll have then completed by then. *grin*

Thanks for the inspiration.

Jen said...

I loved your Valentines....I just am not that creative..I have bought mine and mailed them though...and have gifts for the kids...have a great Sunday,

Anonymous said...

I miss four real seasons too, we did get a bit of snow this year but nothing like we used to. Today it feels like Spring.

Hugs.

Sandra said...

Love the valentine's Kelli :)

I too miss the four seasons, here it seems to be hot, less hot or burning hot....it's sad LOL

Hugs,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Your valentines are so pretty and I love the heart banner below!

Manuela

Lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!
Hope you had a good one.

I have to make out lots of lists to. They keep me organzied.

Uberly Ewe said...

Love everything you make and post! Thanks for visiting my blog too. I love your valentines! Very Very pretty. :)
Oh, you are so lucky not to have 2 feet of snow out side your door! I Wish I was in TEXAS!

Heather Anne said...

Kelli - it is absolutely freezing here - with the wind chill it is -15F but not a speck of snow! The cold doesn't seem so pleasant without the fun of playing in the snow! We had a much warmer day yesterday and the kids were riding bikes for 'fresh air' - but it was almost 50F and they were well bundled up! They are getting pretty tired of being sick and we didn't think fresh air could hurt! Send some warm air this way please! I need the promise of spring to cheer my heart!

Tracy said...

Your Valentines are lovely!

You asked about sign language. Autumn has been checking out MANY books and videos from our local library, but we also found this great site.

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/lessons/lessons.htm

Jennifer said...

What fun!

I decided to take a break from my card making this Valentine ((((I cheated and went to Hallmark!))) --- but I still have 2 or 3 'special' people that I always make cards for, so I'll do that tomorrow!

Have a great week!

Sharon said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your Valentine cards are so pretty!!

Anita said...

Oooooohhhh, I just discovered all your pretty Valentine's cards! I am so happy that you sent one of them to me! I will be showing a picture of it on tomorrow's S&T! I put it on my new inspiration board!

XoX, Anita