Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Here is another Anne recipe.
~"Then the girls tripped out of the kitchen, which was filled with appetizing odors emanating from the oven, where the chickens were already sizzling splendidly."-Anne of Avonlea, XVII~
2 1/2 pounds chicken (I used chicken breasts)
1 small yellow onion
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375.F
2. Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish.
3. Chop the onion and garlic. Melt the butter in saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and bake until chicken is cooked all the way through.
*I doubled the sauce so everyone would have extra to put on the rice I served with dinner.