Thursday, July 13, 2006

~Thursday: My Favorite Brown Things~

Sue is going to the market today. I will be joining her this afternoon!

Thursday
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


My first favorite thing is an organizer that I got at an estate sale about 8 years ago. It has been by the piano holding misc. papers, but last week I moved it into the kitchen where it holds 2 weeks worth of daily t-do lists, my calendar, pens and pencils, Benjamin's letter sound flashcards and of course more post-its! ;0)

Organizer
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


This is a child-sized apron that my Grandma made for my siblings and I. Yellow rick-rack frames the top. My love for aprons started long ago with this sweet one!

Apron
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Lastly, a Victorian sewing box that I bought from Ebay last year.

Box
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Inside, there are lots of lace, ribbon, spools of thread and half-made dollclothes. It once belonged to a little girl. I love looking at the rusted keys and wondering what they unlocked long ago.

Open
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Back in March we did a lesson about the box. You can read about it here

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm enjoying all your pictures! :)

Tori Leslie said...

I love the Aprons. How sweet to have something from your grandma.

I love these posts. *Ü*

homespun living said...

Kelli,
I just love your favorite things!...especially the apron your grandma made. What a treasure!
You have posted so much good stuff while I was away ~ I can't wait to catch up.
Debbie

Sandra said...

I just never get tired of all your pictures, you have the nicest things :)

LOVED the victorian sewing box, what a beautiful thing :)

Mindy said...

Love all the pics Kelli, the vintage sewing box is lovely!
Have a great day dear...

Anonymous said...

Your brown organiser is just gorgeous! What a great find. I'm really enjoying looking at your favourite daily/colour things.