Friday, July 20, 2007

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

I heard about these muffins from my friend, Jodi. I made a test batch last night and I'm making another batch this morning for the freezer.


Lemon Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup light cream (or milk)
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. lemon extract (this gave the muffins a wonderful lemon flavor)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into 18 greased or lined muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.

I filled my muffin tins up to the top and got 1 dozen.


Lightly golden and very moist inside.




A nice summertime breakfast!


Recipe found at Mountain Musings and reprinted with permission.

13 comments:

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

They look scrumptious! I'll return later to see what else is cookin'!

Unknown said...

Those look delicious. I am not a fan of blueberries but you make them look good. And I KNOW my family woudl love them.

Melissa said...

I'm writing this recipe down right now! I put a package of recipe cards on my computer desk, and it makes it so easy! :)

Disney for Boys said...

You are going to get me in trouble with all these yummy recipes! Im going to try this one too! LOL

Lori said...

Yummy. I love blueberry muffins.

Julie said...

Where DO you get your energy, woman?

Julie

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very successful day of baking at your house. Every thing you made looks wonderful. Enjoy the bounty!

Anonymous said...

I am new to your blog.
I decided to try the blueberry muffins recipe and they are very good..pleased with the results...yummy!

Cris said...

Oh my, don't they look delicious?

Jodi said...

We made these babies again this past week (with blueberries this time)! Aren't they divine!! :oD

Jenn4Him said...

We love muffins. Maybe I need to get off the computer this morning and surprise them with muffins?

Sheila said...

I'm loving all these recipes! Wow!

Suzy said...

I made these muffins...very good!! I froze them individually and put one in my lunch each day for break at work!! Love your recipes!!