Thursday, July 05, 2007

Spinach and Strawberry Salad



Spinach and Strawberry Salad

2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Note: This is a sweet dressing and perfect with the strawberries. If you make it ahead of time be sure to stir it again.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com

7 comments:

Fatcat said...

That looks kind of good. Have you tried it yet?

Kelli said...

Yes, I made it for the 4th of July. The dressing is sweet so it's perfect with the berries!
Kelli

Cathy said...

Oh bless you for posting this and I'm so glad I found it! I had this at a ladies dinner at church this summer and I never did find out who brought it and it was absolutely delicious! Now I can make it and enjoy it over and over again! Thank you Kelli!

Cathy :)

Kim said...

Oh how funny that this is my favorite salad of all time, I bring it whenever we go to a picnic, and you posted it on my birthday! I always have to give the recipe out. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kelli!
I saw this pretty salad, does it taste as good as it looks?
Lana from THL

Anonymous said...

I make a raspberry spinach salad and I really like it. Now I will definately have to make this one. I bet its wonderful for a luncheon or for a summer dinner. It looks so fresh and cool. Yummy!

Janet said...

Just saw this while browsing on your blog! I make a similar one you might like to try the variation. Rocket, strawberries, halloumi (Greek) cheese and bacon bits. Marindade the strawberries in olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar with a sprinkling of salt and groun pepper. Mix ingedients together and sprinkle bacon bits on the top! YUMMY!