Thursday, December 21, 2006

Friday ~ December 22, 06

Three more days until Christmas! I went grocery shopping last night and I have one more gift to buy, which I will do today. Almost all of the doors on our Advent house are open and the girls and Benjamin will miss their morning piece of chocolate. Tabitha's Travels is getting very exciting. She just met Mary and Joseph and they are on their way to Bethlehem!


One of the highlights of this week was decorating a gingerbread house with Nana. Everyone added their own creative touches.



We have recieved so many wonderful Christmas cards from family and friends. They are displayed on our livingroom bookshelf.



Even our Holly bush is ready for Christmas. The normally green berries have turned a deep red.



Old fashioned ribbon candy is almost too pretty to eat!



Naughty kitty on the table!



Here is what our table will look like for Christmas dinner. I found the satiny red table runner for $2.61 last night!!



The placecards are made from floral berries and leaves. I attached the paper tag with silver embroidery floss.



I hope you all are enjoying these last few days before Christmas with your family!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are decoration our gingerbread house today :-)

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful homemaker. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I love the place settings. Merry Christmas!

Lady of the house said...

Oh, look at that kitty! I posted some pics of my own naughty kitty if you are interested. Everything looks lovely at your place. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Nice gingerbread house :) I like the chimneytop and the sprinkle walkway.
Your ribbon candy IS too pretty to eat... wow!! How did you make that!?
I like the place settings, the white floral pieces look so pretty on top of our presents too. I bet Fern is going to have fun playing with all the wrapping paper flying around on Christmas morning. Is this her 1st or 2nd Christmas?

Julieann said...

Hi Kelli:) The Gingerbread house is adorable---and I found a table runner at the .99 cents store..LOL--it is white lace and looks so nice on the red table cloth--I love yours too. Your place setting looks lovely. I love all the pictures you post:) have a great day!

Julieann:)

Marci said...

Everything looks lovely Kelli. You have a real artist's touch.

smilnsigh said...

Oh what a beautiful table, you will set!!!!

'MN'

Amy said...

Mmm..old fashioned ribbon candy is one of my favourite Christmas treats :)

I love your table setting. Very beautiful!

Vicky said...

Thoughfully beautiful, as ever. My house is a screaming mess - it looks like Christmas vomited in my living room, thanks to FIVE school Christmas parties this past week. I have done no laundry or cleaning, so today that's my goal, simply to get the house picked up and cleaned.
Christmas Day will be a quiet affair and then we have a big party on the 27th that I have done NO prep towards yet at all! Eeek!

Amy said...

I love the satin look of your Christmas table!

Mama Heffalump said...

Beautiful pictures! My favorite is the kitty... The look on its face says it all! *LOL*

*Merry Christmas!*

Anonymous said...

Kelli...beautiful table settings! (and menu...yum!) I love the guilty cat and the ribbon candy! We've moved since last year and I can't find ribbon candy anywhere but Bath and Body Works and theirs is really expensive! I used to buy it at a little Farmer's Market every year....you picture brought back that memory. Thanks!

Thanks for coming by too!

Kelli said...

Crickl's nest...Do you have a Michael's Craft store near you? I found it near the check out lanes for $2.99 a box!
Kelli

It's a Mom Thing said...

Looks like you're all ready for Christmas! Your table looks beautiful! And I can't believe how awesome that gingerbread house is...your kids did a great job! Have a very Merry Christmas!