Friday, December 29, 2006

Looking back on 2006

Dawn from 4:53 a.m. has a fun way of looking back on 2006. Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month.

Here are mine, along with the first picture I ever posted.


Morning Glories
Originally uploaded by Kelli.


January
I grew morning glories from seed this past summer and they climbed very quickly up my fence.

February
As you can see from the birthday photos Grace had a great day!

March
The March wind roars, like a lion in the sky, and makes us shiver, as he passes by.

April
We started our living Easter baskets today.

May
May is here.

June
What are some of your favorite things about June?

July
It is my youngest brother's birthday today!

August
The layout and general clutter of our schoolroom finally got on my last nerve.

September
I grew up out in the country.

October
It is 1:30pm on this Sunday afternoon and I am still trying to process all of my thoughts regarding these past two days.

November
We had lots of fun last night and got a ton of candy.

December
I have always loved Advent Calendars.

Thank you, Dawn for the fun idea!

12 comments:

Susan P. said...

Kelli, I loved "looking back in time" with you! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful last weekend in 2006 with your family! Sending hugs all the way from Virginia:)

Susie said...

I love this mini look back. Have a Happy New Year!
:)

Anita said...

Hi Kelli! That's a very nice idea indeed but since I just started blogging in June 06, my list would be incomplete.

But - I will look back on 2006 as well, it will be my first post in 2007... ;-)) Surprise, surprise... ;-)))

Happy New Year to you!

Dawn said...

Loved reading your list...now I need to see what my first photo was.
:o)
Thanks for the mention!!

Anonymous said...

Loved your look back on 2006! :) Enjoy the last two days of 2006...can you believe it is almost gone?

Julieann said...

What a clever idea:)

Julieann:)

dot said...

What a pretty first picture you had!

smilnsigh said...

Dot beat me to saying..... What a pretty first picture you had! -smile-

Lady of the house said...

What a neat idea!

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading your blog this year, Kelli!

Happy 2007!

mrsnesbitt said...

Great idea! I looked back and did a review on my blog...I just used one photo from each month! Amazing memories of a good year"

Janice said...

Oh how fun this was to read little glimpses in to each month of 2006! Thank you for posting these. I do love the photo too, as Monring Glories are some of my favorite flowers!
Blessings!