Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Our Christmas Day

Christmas Day began around 8:00a.m. when Grace and Emily woke up. Benjamin woke up 15 minutes later and we read the rest of our Advent story, followed by the Christmas story from Luke 2.

We lit all 5 candles on our Advent wreath.



While stockings were being opened, I made a pot of coffee. :0)

Emily loves these velvet coloring pages.



This photo cracks me up. I always put an orange in the toe of each stocking, but Benjamin seems confused by it this year!



After the stockings were opened, we made our way into the office to open presents. We all took turns opening gifts and there were lots of oohs and ahhs and thank yous!



Grace loves her Horse Ink Stamp Set. She also recieved a new wallet, Monopoly, American Girl books, and a new stuffed puppy.



Benjamin was very excited about his new bathrobe, knights and horses toy set, Tinkertoys and Legos.



Emily has had her eye on this Angelina Ballerina doll all year and was thrilled to get it! She also got some new books, clothes, and a Polly Pocket Car Set.



Phillip and I set a budget of $50.00 for each other. As you can see by this new laptop he went way over!!
It took most of Christmas morning for my shock and surprise to wear off and then he was in big trouble! ;0) My brother-in-law pointed out that this should be my Christmas present for the next 40 years! I agree!



We had a very relaxing morning together. I had done most of the food prep the Saturday before Christmas. I put the already cooked ham into the oven around 1:00pm. Phillip's family and a friend from church arrived for dinner.



Honey glazed ham hot from the oven.



I ordered sweetly requested that my three brother-in-laws help me clean up after dinner and my kitchen was sparkling clean in less than 30 minutes! We set out dessert and once dinner settled we enjoyed Christmas cookies, fudge and hot buttered rum.



I also made a cherry poundcake for dessert.



Lastly, I want to share one of my favorite Christmas decorations. Grace drew this picture for me and it hangs on our fridge. It sums up what Christmas is all about!


Good news from heaven the angels bring,
Glad tidings to the earth they sing:
To us this day a child is given,
To crown us with the joy of heaven.
-Martin Luther

21 comments:

Susie said...

Your Christmas Day looks like it was filled with every blessing. Loved the little drawing most of all!
:)

Dawn said...

Lovely Christmas photos...and I especially love Grace's drawing. You must preserve that!

dot said...

I like the fact that ya'll have a budget even tho Phillip went over it. I also like the type of toys you chose for your children but what in the world is a polly car pack? (did I say that right?)

Julieann said...

Your Christmas day, sounded lovely!!! Your children are so cute. Your dessert table looked like it was right out of Martha Stewart---Beautiful!!! I would frame that picture, it is a work of art:))

Julieann:)

Mama Heffalump said...

Both looks and sounds like a lovely time was had by all! *Smile*

theups said...

Wow, Kelli!! 30 minutes and a clean kitchen? That has GOT to be a holiday record!!! :)

And can I plead with you to share the cake recipe? Sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Of course, anything containing the word "pound cake" HAS to be wonderful!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

The Christmas Eve service was so pretty, with all the poinsettas and the girls singing. :) We should've made time in the morning to read the Christmas story too. I did get up earlier than Jacob to have a big bowl of oatmeal ready before all that Christmas candy! I remember Mom always putting an orange in our stocking. lol... love Benjamin's confusion!! haha The desserts look fabulous and I must have the recipe for the cherry poundcake too! Oh, and the eggnog loaf that you sent made a wonderful breakfast. I didn't do the icing, but topped my slice with honey. :)

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Kelli...wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! I know I'm a few days late but I'm just now catching up with everybody. I so enjoyed hearing all about your Christmas and seeing all the pictures...it's this time of year I miss my sons being little:-) I'm so thrilled you tried out the Peanut Butter Marshmallow Square!! Your hubby must have thought you were a VERY good girl this year to have gotten you a laptop!! hehe Enjoy!! Much love xoxo

Anita said...

Oh Kelli, that was fun! I hope your recovered from your shock of not getting any more Christmas gifts from your hubby for the next 40 years (due to the fact that he exceeded the budget) ;-)))

It seems as if you all really had a great Christmas, thanks for sharing the photos, I enjoyed them a lot!

Heather Anne said...

I 'got' a new kitchen for my birthday about two years ago and thought I wouldn't get another gift for the next 40 odd years too! The fun thing is I still get lovely thoughtful little presents for all the special occasions! He just can't top my wonderful kitchen, but I'm happy with the little things too!

mrsnesbitt said...

How lovely! Focussed and real!

Dxx

Vicky said...

What a lovely Christmas day for you all. I am glad that you had a nice time. We had a quiet time this year and it has been just right for us, as we were all very tired by the end of this term.

What a lovely husband you have - WAYYY over budget but look how much he appreciates you, and knows what you need/want/are interested in! You'll remember that with every single click on that computer.

Kelli said...

Dot, Polly Pockets are tiny plastic dolls with rubber clothes. I can't figure out how to dress them but Emily plays with them for hours!

Mrs. U, I had those boys hopping all around my kitchen! LOL It would have taken me over 2 hours by myself! It helped that the kitchen was clean right before dinner too. I just posted the pound cake recipe. It was really yummy!

Anonymous said...

Kelli...beautiful spread there! Can I just have your leftovers for our staff party tomorrow night? lol

Looks like a fun celebration. I have the same laptop...you'll love it!

Christie

Anonymous said...

oooohhhhh, a new laptop! I'm jealous! :) Your table was set so lovely for dinner. I enjoyed the pics of Christmas with your children.

Debbie said...

The previous comment is me *blushing* Debbie

Tracy said...

Hi Kelli, I found your site from Vicky's blog. You have three beautiful children and I really enjoyed reading about your Christmas :)!

Feel free to visit me at my site anytime. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)!

Karen said...

Looks like you had a wonderful, peaceful Christmas with your family. :) Congratulations on your new laptop, how wonderful. I know you'll enjoy that.

Pamela said...

Kelli, what a wonderful uplifting feel good post. I love Grace's picture! I am so happy your sweet hubby got you such a nice gift. Thanks for sharing and the kids are look so cute in the pj's on Christmas morning! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas looks as if it was just wonderful! I love monopoly! My nephew got Monopoly Then & Now for Christmas and he I just had to play before we left. Great fun! Have a blessed new year!

Jenn said...

Your table looks so elegant and gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pics :0)

Jenn