Monday, July 07, 2008

Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza

Pizza
Tuesday night is "Family Night" at our house. I've been using this pizza recipe since January and it always gets eaten right up! It will make two thin crusts, but I usually double it since the crust is the best part. :0)

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust

1 (.25) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup warm water (110F degrees)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 450F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a circle. Transfer to a lightly greased pizza pan.
4. Spread with desired toppings and bake 15-20 minutes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pizza crust is very similar to the one I make.

Kelly said...

I have never made my own crust!! This is another one of yours I will have to try, everything I have tried of yours is perfect!!!!
Thank you!!!!

Love,
Kelly

Heather Anne said...

Your pizza looks so yummy Kelli!! We love homemade pizza too - almost every Friday Night. My recipe is very similar - but I often start it in the bread machine and I like to add 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning - mmm! The kids make their own individual pizzas and fix them just like they want them - we have to ration the cheese though, or they would use the whole pound!
Do you have a favorite brand of pepperoni? We don't care for the brands of American pepperoni that we have tried so far - we find it much greasier then good old Schnider's from Canada - Mum and Dad often 'import' some for us and we ration it too!

TJ said...

I use this recipe too! We love to make individual pizzas with it. That way everyone gets exactly what they want (and for me that means no heartburn!).

Have a wonderful day!
TJ

Anonymous said...

My Bh makes a simular recipie. Thanks for sharing.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! hugs and Blessings

Susie said...

Looks delish Kelli!
Family night is a great tradition.
xo

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe, Kelli. I used to make homemade pizza with my own crusts when the children were small. Now I just buy a frozen one and add my own toppings. Now that I am trying to live more frugally, this might be a good way to go.
Mama Bear