Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Baking Day


Pie
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Our day will begin in the kitchen (and I'm sure end!) making pies and other things for tomorrow. I am baking one apple and two pumpkin pies. I also need to boil some eggs, cut up veggies and make a double batch of Dot's Yeast Rolls. The girls and Benjamin have their aprons on so I'm off to join them!

Thanksgiving Time

When all the leaves are off the boughs,
And nuts and apples gathered in,
And cornstalks waiting for the cows,
And pumpkins safe in barn and bin,
Then Mother says, "My children dear,
The fields are brown, and autumn flies;
Thanksgiving Day is very near,
And we must make thanksgiving pies!"

~Author Unknown.~

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy today. It's a good think I'm not in charge of anything but corn tomorrow because I am at work today. Yep. That's where I am.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Amy said...

Mmmm...can I come sit in your kitchen and just smell the pies? I promise I won't sneak even a crumb :)

We got a big snow fall last night and I'm feeling in the mood to start some Christmas cookies for our advent celebrations.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cooking for a big holiday dinner! Tiring, but oh, so rewarding and fun! God bless you and have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Mindy said...

Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving!! God Bless you Kelli..

Janice said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful meal together!
Flora

Patty said...

Pies are baking at my house too, now that I am over my Thanksgiving grouchys : )
3 pumpkin pies, and two apples are in the oven as I write.
Happy Thanksgiving Kelli to you and your family !

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy the baking!