Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Thanksgiving

Are you all out shopping on this "Black Friday?" I am going to be staying far away from the malls today! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our first guest arrived around noon. We all sat down to eat at 1:30am. There were 17 of us! Later in the evening we had dessert and played "Apples to Apples." Everyone left at 8:00pm and I washed dishes until 10:00pm. :0) We have lots of leftovers for our dinner tonight...and lunch tomorrow..and...Sunday dinner....ok...you get the idea!!

While I was in the kitchen, we had a bit of trouble in the livingroom. Hankies and tinkertoys are dangerous things! ;0)

holdup
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Grace, Emily and Benjamin weren't sure about sitting at another table but the mini cans of sprite helped.

Kidtable
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



My kitchen heated up quickly so I put my hair up for the day.

Kelli
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Our 20lb. turkey.

Turkey
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



The candles are lit....

Table
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



All the food is hot.

Food
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Is it over already?!

Leftovers
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



We waited for awhile to eat dessert. The bluebell ice cream is a dessert requirement here in Texas!

Dessert
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Phillip's mom made a lovely pumpkin and cream cheese roll and our friend Amanda made some awesome chocolate chip cookies. They disappeared very quickly!

Pumpkin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Here is the recipe for our Orange Fluff.

Orange Fluff

2 boxes Americana tapioca pudding
1 small box orange jello
2 small cans mandarin oranges
1 large container of coolwhip
3 cups boiling water

1. Mix dry pudding and jello.
2. Add water and stir well.
3. Let sit 15 minutes, and stir well again.
4. Chill 2-4 hours until semi-set but not solid.
5. Stir in well drained oranges and coolwhip.
6. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.

Today I will be cleaning up some more and putting our fall decorations away until next year. Then, it's up into the attic for our Christmas things!

16 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I had my hair pulled back all day too-in fact, 20 minutes before our company arrived I went to freshen up and do my hair-but by then, I was so hot, I didn't WANT it down! :-)

Everything looks SO delicious and beautiful. I really wanted to get pictures of the actual day but never did. I was too rushed! :-(

The photo of the pumpkin roll looks exactly like something I just bookmarked in a recipe book to make this week! I hope mine looks as lovely! :-)

Amy said...

Yum! Need any help getting rid of leftovers?

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Seeing those kids playing makes me want to come visit soon again! :D Benjamin has a great haircut that I'm going to use to inspire Jacob who is in need. He looks so nice and grown up, but I can't see his face. lol
Looks like yall had a great Thanksgiving. :)

Sharon said...

Your Thanksgiving table looks beautiful and I am sure a wonderful dinner was had by all by the looks of everything. We have an orange tree in the backyard so I will try the orange fluff for sure.

Sandra said...

Love the pictures, everyone seems to be having a great time, and YUMMY on the food :)

That pumpkin roll is making me drool, though I don't know if I would be able to fit a toothpick in my stomach, I'm so full LOL

Emily said...

You are amazing! Your table and all the food looks awesome! All that cookinhg! Washing dishes until late. . . and the kidlets having fun! (And you don't look at all frazzled - very put together and pretty instead. Me I was still wearing my robe at noon!)

Emily

Janice said...

Hi Kelli,
I really smiled seeing the variety of photos you posted. Love the hankies and tinkertoys photo. Kids play the same no matter where they live. :o) Your hair looks lovely up and you look very happy on a special day! The table looks wonderful and I'm sure it all tasted the same. Thanks for letting us peek into your Thanksgiving day!
Flora

Janet said...

Your table looked beautiful and all the food looked so scrumptious. I've been catching up on your blog and wanted to also comment on the Comfort Box. What a lovely idea that is.

Lori said...

It looks like you had a wonderful feast.

Susie said...

Looks like your Thanksgiving was bountiful!
Lovely photos!
I'm going to start taking down my fall decor this weekend too! Big job!!
:)

Rowan said...

This all looks so delicious Kelli - especially the desserts. If ever I'm in the US for Thanksgiving I think I'll come to your house:) Your hair suits you taken up - that's a nice photo of you.

MariaJ said...

Your tables look so inviting and festive. I'm sure your quests had a lovely time with you. Cant wait to see your Christmas decorations. My living room already has them!

Carole Burant said...

Everything looked just perfect Kelli, and I can just imagine how full the bellies were after all that food!! hehe Thank you for sharing the Orange Fluff dessert recipe, it sounds like something we'd all love over here! Can't wait to see all your Christmas decorations now:-)

smilnsigh said...

Everything looked yummy. And you look pretty cute too. :-)

theups said...

Hi Kelli!!!
First, you are just beautiful!! And your children are beautiful, too!!!! What a good looking family!!!

Second, the way you decorate is just a DREAM!!! I love your taste!!

Third, your recipes are always SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! I'm telling ya, one day I am seriously going to move next door to you!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Clara....in TN said...

Oh I love Bluebell ice cream. We used to get it in Lake Charles, LA when visiting our daughter. I wish we could buy it in Tennessee.
You table and the food looks like a picture from a magazine.