Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thanksgiving Decorations~Part 2

Here are the last of our projects from our recent trip to the craft store.

I saw the idea for this Thanksgiving centerpiece in the October issue of Romantic Homes. I have a weakness for anything mossy. :0)

Table
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


The only things I purchased was the moss and mini pumpkins. The tin bucket was from our prairie day adventure. The pinecones, pine needles, sticks and acorns were collected during a walk in our neighbohood this past Monday!

Bucket
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I can't remember where I saw the idea for this pumpkin runner but it was probably Martha. ;0) Space your mini pumpkins out evenly, wrap wire ribbon in and around them and lay a beaded garland on top. Nice and easy!

Runner
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Pumpkin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


I have seen so many lovely Thanksgiving banners lately, so I decided to make one too! I used ribbon to hang it from the mantle.

Mantle
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


A nice reminder to.....

Banner
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the mantle! Your home is lovely! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Amy

Lucy said...

Just beautiful!

Susan P. said...

Kelli, I have to tell you that your mantle is just gorgeous. I wish mine looked like that! I love the wonderful banner you made and the runner and fall container are just beautiful. I think it makes it even more special that you and the girls found a lot of the contents on your walk:) You are soooo talented!

dot said...

Crafty Kelli! How pretty everything looks!

Anonymous said...

I love the banner!! All of your crafts turned out fabulously!

Marci said...

Kelli, very nice!!! What is the banner made up of?

MariaJ said...

I also love all your decorations. Like the tin bucket...you can put it outside too.

Anonymous said...

I love your crafts! Our Thanksgiving was last month but I'll keep these ideas for next year!

Amy said...

Everything is so pretty. Thanksgiving is barely a blip on the radar in Canada, but it seems to be a big holiday in the USA. I'm enjoying the pictures of blogger's decorations and preparations.

Sharon said...

You have lovely ideas for the season and I enjoy your blog and look forward to your next post. I enjoyed your prarie days to.

Tammy said...

Everything you've done is beautiful! I love your mantle.

Kelli said...

Marci, the banner is made of scrapbook paper (the fall leaf paper) and beige cardstock (the smaller ovals). I printed the letters right onto the cardstock, then cut slits on the sides and theaded the ribbon right through them.
Kelli

Janice said...

It all looks so warm and lovely! I especially like the bucket of nature!!
Flora

Jodi said...

Kelli, how lovely. I really like your banner, but I'm especially fond of your pumpkin runner. The beads just sparkle! :o)

Lena said...

Hi Kelli,
I'm enjoying watching you prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday very much. Everything you are doing is lovely. It all ties together so well and looks welcoming.
I hope you will enjoy planting the pansies you told me about. We are having incredibly rainy weather here. Cold and windy too!

cathieb said...

Thanks for the ideas Kelli ~ as always enjoy your blog :)

Naturegirl said...

Great ideas and looks wonderful! LOVE the bucket idea..good job!!

Unknown said...

NY City Jewelry now brings you handmade antique duplicate dolls! All of our Dolls are completly handmade from authentic original molds. Unlike any others you may see, they are one of a kind.Once they are sold,
there are no others available. We have a small inventory, and will be selling original Antique French and German dolls, which are also only one of a kind. Our duplicate Dolls are handpainted with exact paints and colors used over 80 years ago.