Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thanksgiving Decorations~Part 1

The girls and I had a fun time at the craft store this past weekend. Things kept jumping into our shopping cart. ;0)

I saw this idea for Beaded Napkin Rings in the October 2003 issue of Martha Stewart.

Choose embroidery floss or ribbon that matches your dishes. Wrap around a rolled napkin so the ends meet in the front. Thread through the bead. If you use ribbon, make sure your bead has a large enough hole.

Napkin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



I chose an orange bead and a single strand of gold embroidery floss.

Bead
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



I found "already-made" placecards in the scrapbook section. I added a sweet acorn stamp. I love acorns!

Placecard
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Here is the finished setting with the placecard at the top of the plate.

Setting
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Here is another way to use any stamps you might have. I like to frame the corner of an envelope and have the stamp "float right off the edges." Make sure you place a piece of paper underneath so you don't get ink on the table. :0)

Envelope
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Sixteen days until Thanksgiving!

The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway -
Thanksgiving comes again!
- Anonymous

16 comments:

homespun living said...

The napkin ring looks beautiful and delicate. I love acorns also, and was just looking at an acorn stamp about a week ago...at Michael's I think. Now that I've seen how wonderful your cards look, I really want to go back and buy that stamp!

Susan Godfrey said...

Very cute ideas! I love the napkin rings and the name cards are adorable!

Susie said...

All these just really say fall. I love how you let the acorn just drift off the envelope..

Carole Burant said...

What a delightful idea and one I'm writing down so I won't forget!! Your place setting looks just beautiful!!! I find it so funny how you are all getting ready for Thanksgiving when ours was on Oct. 9th!! hehe xoxo

Amy said...

Gorgeous! You've just gotta love Martha. My in-laws gave me a subscription this year for my birthday and I'm loving all the inspiration.

Just popping in to get your buttermilk biscuit recipe to make with my soup tonight :)

Reviekat said...

Great ideas, Kelli! Your table will be so lovely at Thanksgiving not just because of the decorations but because y'all are such a loving family!!

Lena said...

Everything that you've shown us is so pretty Kelli. I love simple but elegant things like this. What a wonderful job you've done!
Acorns have captured my attention this fall as well. I found some little tiny ones the other day...perfect for doll making.

Mindy said...

Great ideas Kelli! Very elegant and classy!

Marci said...

What a beautiful place setting Kelli. I love the acorn touch.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the way you stamped the envelopes, too.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I really like the ideas you shared Kelli! Fall/Thanksgiving is a favorite time of the year for me.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kelli!

Kristen said...

I envy you crafty people. I wish I was more like that. It all looks very beautiful!

Susan P. said...

What lovely ideas, Kelli! I am such a Fall lover and I love things decorated with acorns:) I especially loved your acorn stamp!! I'm sure your Thanksgiving table is going to be just beautiful and the food will be very tasty, too! BTW, what's on the menu?

Rowan said...

The table decoration is so beautiful, just the kind of delicate, elegant thing that appeals to me. Martha Stewart does have some great ideas doesn't she? I love the acorn place cards too.Sorry the comment took so long appearing - we have Blogger to thank for that!

Tina Leigh said...

Kelli next time you write me...do it on that paper with the acorns. I brought some big ones home from the mountains. Kelli quite reading MS....publish your own magazine!! You could do it!