Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thursday~The Patio and Gardens

It was such a nice day, I decided to spend it outdoors. The girls and Benjamin played in the sandbox while I got the gardens and patio ready for winter.

What a mess!

Patio
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



I also cut down alot of my perennials and cleaned out the vegetable garden. Looks like we are going to the dump on Saturday!

Weeds
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Much better!

Patio
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



I planted my pansies last weekend. Here are one of the flower pots by my front porch. Don't worry, the hedgehog is friendly. :0)

Pot
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



If my pansies do well this winter, I will press them for Easter cards in the spring.

Pretty little maidens,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Standing in a row,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Looking towards the sunshine,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Faces all aglow,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Decked in pretty colors,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



With their gloves of green.

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



These lovely little ladies,

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Love to pose and preen.

Pansy
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Do you have a favorite pansy?


Pretty Pansy Poem by Tinuviel

19 comments:

homespun living said...

Your pansies are lovely! It sounds like you are having much nicer weather than we are...possibly some snow this weekend.

Lori said...

How nice to see all those beautiful flowers. Everything around here is brown now.

Amy said...

The pansy is my favourite flower. I love them all. Wow, your pictures feel like spring :) That must be quite a change for you after Ontario winters!

Anonymous said...

I just finished the last Dark chocolate chip pumpkin muffin! I didn't have a large cake pan, so I used a small one and I added a pan of muffins. I topped the cake with the melted topping but left the muffins plain on top which were great for breakfast. Jacob loved them too.
P.s. That's great that Mom's science slides are still in good condition! I loved looking at them when I was little!

mrsnesbitt said...

I need to cut back in the garden!
Thanks for reminding me!

Dxx

dot said...

I've never cared much for pansies but yours are sure pretty. Maybe I'll try some.

Kimberly said...

My favorite pansy is...whichever one I'm looking at! I simply adore pansies! They are my favorite flowers. I even like the yellow ones, and I am not too fond of yellow flowers. I think the pinkish/burgundy ones are quite beautiful.
I just dismantled my morning glories yesterday. I harvested quite a lot of seeds this time. Do morning glories grow in Texas?

Julieann said...

Your pansies are lovely:) Oh, I wish I had green thumb. You have a very nice blog!

Julieann:)

Sharon said...

Your after picture of the patio looks good and the pictures of the pansies will make lovely easter cards.

Kristen said...

What gorgeous flowers! I'm impressed; especially by the fact that you plan to press them and use them for future Easter cards. Now THAT is motivation!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! I love pansies! THey only grow here in the spring :( I sometimes wish that I lived further south so that I could garden and such longer than just the summer months!

Carole Burant said...

I love pansies but they only grow in the summer time over here. Your patio looks great and I'm envious...all my stuff had to be put away in my shed for the winter. I think I should move to a warmer place!!! lol Hugs xox

Lena said...

I love the apricot colored one.
It's all looking terrific Kelli. I'm impressed with how much you accomplish each day.
My nephew has a pet hedgehog and it's very sweet.

Sandra said...

Pansies are one of my favourite flowers and though I like all colours, I especially like ones with purple and yellow.

I wish I could grow some here during the winter, too. I'm jealous! :O)

Susie said...

I love pansies. My Grandma used to say some of them have "faces" and those are my favorites :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics!
Have a blessed weekend

Susan said...

The pansies are gorgeous. What a nice variety in colors! I love your patio. Looks like a perfect stitching spot.

MariaJ said...

Thank you for the colorful pansy therapy! Its my favourite spring flower here.

Tammy said...

OH Pansies! I'm glad you posted about this! I was going to plant some this fall. I'm not sure if it's too late or not, I'll have to see!

Your porch looks nice!