Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares

My theory is that Monday mornings are always better when you start them off with chocolate. :0)


Pumpkin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



Last week, Deb from Homespun Living shared a wonderful recipe for Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares and I just had to try them!

Oh, they were so good! Rich and moist, the perfect amount of pumpkin and dark chocolate.

Here is the recipe!

Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares

2 1/4 c. flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
4 beaten eggs
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 c. canned pumpkin
1 - 2 c. (dark) chocolate chips

Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray, or butter. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients. In another bowl cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, beating well; add pumpking filling and mix. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend. Add 1 cup chocolate chips & mix together. Spread into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes.

Sometimes when it comes out of the oven I sprinkle another cup of chocolate chips over the top, let them melt and spread like frosting ~ very yummy and extra chocolatey!

I'm off to sneak another piece, have a great Monday!

22 comments:

Linds said...

Hi there. Great blog! I have a question...... Is the pumpkin filling cooked, canned or raw? i live in England, and would love to make these too! And I agree re Mondays and Chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Oh these look yummy!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Hope that you are having a wonderful morning!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the recipe...You girls with your recipes..I am headed for chubbyland if I sample them all!
:o)

Kelli said...

Hi Linds! I used pumpkin from a can. Let me know if you try them. :0)
Kelli

theups said...

Oh my, my, my!!! These look GOOD!! I just LOVE anything pumpkin!! I'm soooo very glad that you shared these! They will be in my home SOON!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Lena said...

Hi Kelli
I think all of Debbies' recipes have been keepers!
Your site is getting lovelier all the time. I love your thoughts on taking the time to celebrate November...I've been feeling much the same way. Your seasonal display in your entry is beautiful and I've enjoyed seeing all those wonderfully decorated jars of apple butter. I always have such a peaceful feeling of accomplishment when I've got a few jars of something all "put up" and decorated for my family and friend's enjoyment.
Enjoy your day!

Beck said...

Those look so terrific! I don't comment on your site frequently, but I do visit you everyday - and your recipes always look so beautiful!

Susie said...

Kelli,
These look just yummy! My grown daughter loves pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and I know she'd love these too! (She says they taste better if Mom makes them) LOL!!

Carole Burant said...

I should have known I'd gain more weight by visiting your blog!!! lol Oh boy, that sure does look good...heyyy don't eat it all before I get there!!! hehe

Tina Leigh said...

Kelli I really believe we are sisters!! YEP!! Wish I had some !!

Susan Godfrey said...

Oh my, those sound dangerous! These wouldn't last long at my house!!

Patty said...

oh my Kelli, they look so good. I have put choc chips in my pumpkin bread for many years in place of raisins. But your recipe sure tops that. Choc on top !

Janet said...

Those look so good! I just happen to have some canned pumpkin and I think I'll make these for my hubby this evening. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Laurie said...

Hi Kelli! These look yum~o!

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely no doubt what I will baking tomorrow! Yum...these look fantabulous!
Thanks for sharing!
Amy

Boxwood Cottage said...

That theory is true!

Lila Rostenberg said...

Thanks for a great recipe!

Dark chocolate is defintiely a health food and since pumpkin is a veggie, this is practically guilt-free!

Anonymous said...

Made this tonight! Excellent. My dh who ate three pieces with the chocolate frosting suggested to try it with cranberries. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting married Nov 2008 & am in the process of planning what kinds of finger foods I want at my reception. And since I'm having a fall wedding & since I love love LOVE dark chocolate & pumpkin I'm sooo going to have these there!! I was considering just doing pumpkin pie until I ran across these. They sound so yummy!!!

Mrs. Joyce said...

I'm giving these a try tonight!

Kama said...

I made these bars and they are awesome! I don't even like pumpkin stuff usually, but they are GREAT! Thanks for sharing. This is my first time on your site and I'm going to put you on my blog reader. I found you from There's No Place Like Home.

Kama said...

Okay, I'm insane. :) I thought this was a link to another blog. :)