Monday, November 20, 2006

~Thanksgiving Menu~


Pumpkin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.



My mother-in-law came over for lunch yesterday and we put the finishing touches on our Thanksgiving menu. We are both making a turkey and stuffing, and of course deviled eggs. You can never have enough of those! ;0) We split up the sides and desserts to make the cooking easier. In additon to the 5 in our family, we will be having Phillip's parents and two brothers over, a friend from church, and a couple that we've been friends with for several years and their 2 children.

I am so excited about this coming week. I'm looking foward to a house full of family and friends (and pumpkin pie!). The kids are counting down the days until they can watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." I told them they have to wait until Friday!

Here is our Thanksgiving Menu. It is subject to change depending on how full my grocery cart gets today. ;0)

Appetizers
~Deviled Eggs
~Crackers and Brie
~Pickles and Olives


Dinner
~Roast Turkey
~Cornbread Stuffing
~Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
~Sweet potatoes with Marshmallows
~Corn with red peppers
~Waldorf Salad
~Cranberry Sauce
~Yeast Rolls


Dessert
~Pumpkin Pie
~Pecan Pie
~Apple Pie
~Pumpkin Roll
~Orange Fluff


As you can see, we will have enough food until Christmas! Leftovers are nice though, especially after all that cooking.

So, what is on your Thanksgiving menu?

12 comments:

dot said...

Sounds good! Got room at the table for a couple more folks? lol

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice menu! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

This year, my son's birthday falls the day before Thanksgiving (just like the year he was born).

So I will be having the usual meal with leftover birthday cake!

There will just be the three of us this year.

Emily said...

Wow, can I come over!?? That menu looks yummy!

Emily

homespun living said...

Sounds like a feast, Kelli. I am cooking the usual turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy & pies. Haven't decided on the sides yet...
Debbie

dot said...

kelli, I can see your message box but the bottom part is still missing so I can't type into it. I've already forgot what I was going to type anyway. lol

Susan P. said...

Kelli, your menu sounds delicious! I just wanted to "pop" in and wish you and your family a most blessed and special Thanksgiving Day!
Love,
Susan P.

Lori said...

It sounds just wonderful! I think I'll come to your house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful Kelli!

Patty said...

oh my, what a feast ! Sounds sooooo good

Amy said...

I feel hungry just reading your menu! As you know, we Canucks had thanksgiving long ago :) I'll have to wait until Christmas for a meal like this!

Lady of the house said...

Hello, Kelli! Deviled eggs are so delicious and they go so fast!

Happy Thanksgiving