Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday ~ "Thanksgiving Fun!"

Today I'm going to show you a fun and festive drink that both adults and children will love!

Here are the ingredients: Ginger Ale (or Sprite), Maraschino cherries, sugar, and liquid red food coloring.
Ingredients

The first step is to make some colored sugar. I use 4 drops of food coloring and a 1/2 cup of sugar.
Sugar

Mix together, mashing sugar with back of spoon.
Sugar

Sugar

Take a glass and run a orange or lemon slice along the edge. This will help the sugar stick.
Orange

Dip the glass in the sugar.
Glass

Fill the glass with ginger ale.
Glass

Add 2-3 spoonfuls of the cherry juice.
Syrup

Drop in one or two cherries...
Cherries

...and enjoy!
Drinks

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli you saved the best for last!!! I love this idea! I think i will save this one for Christmas!

Kelli said...

We always have it for Christmas too!

Kelli

Lori said...

Oh yummy! That looks good. I'm definetly copying this recipe.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love that!!

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Wow, that is beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration. I'll definitely try this one.

Jen said...

This is fantastic! Madison and Miller will love this for Christmas...I cannot wait to make it. Great idea.....

Creative Life Studio said...

This looks so yummy, Kelli. I'm not a soda fan, but I do like ginger ale and root beer. This looks fun to try and so festive for Christmas!

Mansi said...

wow, this is so simple and creative Kelli...nice color!:)

Quinne said...

Adding my "cheers" here, Kelli :) This is a great idea for Christmas, and it will be fun with lots of variations for celebrations all year. Love, Q

Mommy said...

Looks both pretty and good! I know my girls would think they were pretty "special" to drink something like that. :)

Mama to 12, so far said...

These are absolutely cute!
We called them shirley temples when I was growing up...and everytime we went out to dine at Red Lobster or anywhere with a bar really, my daddy would ask us if we wanted a shirley temple...we always squealed "yesssssss!" We would get them at his office Christmas parties each year also. Fun memories! Thanks...

Cindi Marie said...

What a lovely festive drink to enjoy during the holidays! I bet the kiddies would enjoy it as much as the grown ups. Thanx for sharing!