Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday ~ Giving Thanks

Giving Thanks

Welcome to the beginning of our "Giving Thanks" celebration! Doesn't it seem like Thanksgiving is being pushed aside more and more each year? The stores are already playing Christmas music in many parts of the country!

Let's take these next six days (Monday-Saturday) to prepare our hearts and homes for this wonderful time of year. Each day I will be posting a Thanksgiving related activity, cleaning challenge and Words of Thanksgiving. They will be located directly below this post!

I would love for you to join in the fun! Mr. Linky is available for you to sign and here are some things you could share:

-What you are thankful for
-Thanksgiving traditions or memories
-Recipes
-Craft Ideas
-Decorating ideas
-Your menu
-Cleaning/Organizing "before" and "after" pictures
-Anything having to do with Thanksgiving!

Remember, everyone who participates and signs Mr. Linky will be entered into a drawing at the end of the week! Go HERE to see the prizes. Each day you participate, your name will be entered into the giveaway drawing. If you participate two days, your name will be entered twice, join us all five days for five entries, etc.

Please read the participating instructions carefully:

1. Write a Thanksgiving post on your blog. Link back to There is No Place Like Home so that others can join in. You may use the "Giving Thanks" button located at the top of this post.

2. When signing Mr. Linky, you must link directly to your "Giving Thanks" post and not your homepage URL.

3. In order to make the Mr. Linky list easy to read, please type your first name only. You may also add a 1-2 word description of what you are sharing. Example: Kelli-Recipe.

Note: Mr. Linky will be up at 12:00am Eastern time each day.

Have fun! We are looking forward to what you have to share!


17 comments:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Hi Kelli!

I'm really excited for your Thanksgiving feature this week. :o) Looking forward to all that you and your visitors share!

P.S. Beautiful poem you have in the right sidebar. What a lovel blog home!

Cris said...

Hi Kelli! This is going to be fun! Thanks for hosting this event! xoxox

Just Mom said...

I can already tell that this is going to be fun. Thanks for hosting it.

~Babychaser~ said...

Glad I can participate! My post got a little longer than I planned... but I was able to share how my family has been able to keep things simple (my husband's influence I think) by not going overboard with the meal!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the great reads this week!

Sandra said...

Hi Kelli, I'm so glad you're doing this :)

Julieann said...

Kelli--the first paragragh in this post made me giggle---I have Christmas Music playing on my blog...LOL--I love Christams music...

What nice posts you are doing this week:)

Julieann

Anonymous said...

I have a dilemma -- I have to cook my second-ever Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws WITHOUT AN OVEN! How do I do that?

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hit enter again before I could sign.

SteamyKitchen said...

what a great idea! off to brainstorm a few t'day recipes....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting this, Kelli. I can't wait to see what others are doing.

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

You have got me going now. I am getting busy today.

I am so excited to be a part of this you. Thank you for doing this here for us.

Pat

Heather said...

Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful idea, Kelli! I'm excited to participate this week!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to do something like this on my blog and was so glad to see someone put together a carnival for the same idea.

I like your poem on the side.

Will try to enter earlier tomorrow.

Jill said...

I think this is wonderful! I agree that Thanksgiving has become overlooked in a culture that isn't interested in giving thanks. Thank you for doing this!

Paula said...

What a wonderful week you have lined up for all of us! I'm looking forward to it. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

I'm also looking forward to featuring Thanksgiving this week. Thanks for hosting this for us!!