Thursday, May 25, 2006

Herbal bouquets


Herbs
Originally uploaded by pwinn.
Did you know that herbs have a language as well as flowers? Herbal bouquets may easily become charming, meaningful gifts for birthdays, wedding showers, housewarmings, etc. Write up a pretty gift tag to accompany them that explains the language of the herb.

Here are some of the more common herbs and their meanings:

~Mint for cheerfulness
~Thyme for courage
~Sage for wisdom
~Lavender for luck
~Rosemary for remembrance
~Basil and chamomile for love

Today I made a small bouquet of thyme, sage, rosemary, oregano and dill. My kitchen smells great!

2 comments:

Reviekat said...

I didn't know that herbs had a language! I'm printing this out. Nice bouquet. :)

Kelli said...

Revee,

I was cleaning out some papers recently and found it. I had no idea either!

Kelli