Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday May 27, 06


Swinging
Originally uploaded by pwinn.
We had a nice and relaxing day today. It started at 6:30am for me. Grace came to me yesterday after having finished a story where the girl character awoke Saturday morning to the smell of coffee cake. Guess what she asked me to do? :0) She didn't come out of her room until 7:30am and I can just imagine her sniffing the air every 30 seconds to see if it was ready!

I ran to the grocery store for a few things but got distracted by the garage sale signs! I was starting to give up finding anything good when I saw some silver dishes. They need polished up but I love them. One is called a "bon-bon" dish so now I really can stay home and eat bon-bons all day! Haha.

silver
Originally uploaded by pwinn.




The girls helped me in the kitchen getting food ready for the BBQ toinght. Emily made the lemonade pie and as you can see Grace made a watermelon boat.

Grace
Originally uploaded by pwinn.


Benjamin and Daddy went to Home Depot to get some fresh sand for the sandbox.

Grace was so disappointed to have missed out on the garage sales that we ran up to the resale store. I found a fall tablecloth and some shelf liner for the kitchen. Guess what I'll be doing this week?! Grace found a horse patchwork quilt for $3.00!

The kids are getting ready to go swimming and we'll be grilling soon. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.


Benjamin
Originally uploaded by pwinn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little helper!

Patty said...

I love your silver finds, matter of fact I have the very same long silver dish, mine found at Goodwill

Kelli said...

Hi Flora, Aren't thrift stores fun? I usually have much better luck at them than yardsales. I can't wait to see what you found. I will take a pictures of the horse quilt this afternoon. Grace will be more than happy to show you. :0)

Thank you, Dot. She really is a great helper.

Patty, what do you serve in your dish? The lady who sold it to me, suggested cheese and crackers. I thought asparagus would be nice but I wasn't sure how it would do on the silver. I know you shouldn;t put tomato-y stuff in silver.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Nice silver. The bon bon dish would look great piled high with bon bons! Yum!