Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday, May 18, 06

The man walked over to the perfume counter and told the clerk he'd like a bottle of Chanel No. 5 for his wife's birthday.
"A little surprise, eh?" smiled the clerk.
"You bet," answered the customer. "She's expecting a cruise."


It's an awful thing to grow old alone. My wife hasn't had a birthday in six years.


Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Gus.
Gus who?
Gus who's birthday it is today?


That's right, it's birthday time around here! Happy Birthday Phillip!! He is going out to lunch with our old asssitant pastor who is visiting from Australia. Then, this evening we are having a group of friends over for a party. Grace, Emily and Benjamin have their gifts all planned out...I think he'll be happy!

I'm off to see what I need to bake the cake. I'm making the ultimate Coconut Layer Cake. It is from the Cooks Illustrated magazine. This group of chefs will cook 318 chickens just to see what the BEST way to roast it is!! I would post the cake recipe but I'm too embarrassed to tell how much butter is in the icing. LOL A birthday is only once a year right?!

I'll post pictures later today.

4 comments:

Patty said...

oh that cake sounds good, I love anything coconut !

Reviekat said...

Happy birthday to Phillip! The cake sounds wonderful. :)

Revee

Tina Leigh said...

Happy late birthday Phillip!!! YUM I want some cake!!! I hope you took a picture of the cake, at least a picture of a slice of it!!

Anonymous said...

The cake is simply wonderful, truly a treasured taste treat!