Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tea for Two


Tea
Originally uploaded by pwinn.
Emily had a really bad allergy episode last night. Her right eye got very swollen. Benedryl helped but I stayed home with her this morning. Sometimes just stepping outside first thing in the morning isn't a good idea. Phillip took Grace and Benjamin to church while Emily and I had tea for two. We had raspberry filled cookies and string cheese, along with our tea. I had Orange Pekoe and Emily had "Nursery Tea."
Here is how you can make it for your little one(s).

Cambric Tea - French Version

Ingredients:
Sugar - appox. 1 teaspoon per cup
Milk
Boiling water
Hot Tea, strongly brewed

Method
Place sugar in a cup, fill the cup to 2/3 with boiing water. Stir. Fill the last 1/3 cup with milk. Add a tablespoon or two of the strongly brewed tea.

Nursery Tea - English version

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon Hot Tea, strongly brewed
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:
Heat milk along with the vanilla, add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the strong tea.

When I make this I use the Cambric version and add a little vanilla. I am usually making a cup of tea for myself and just use some tea in my cup for the nursery tea.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

She is feeling much better Flora, thank you! I hope the little ones in your family enjoy the tea. Moms seem to like it too. :0)

Kelli

Tina Leigh said...

As I sneeze and write this...I can relate with poor little Emily. Oh but it looks as though yall had such a good time. You made a memory out of a bad moment!

Aelwyn said...

My mother used to make this tea for me when I was a little girl. She called it "bib tea". She made something more like the English version, but without the vanilla. I give my 2-year old Chamomile tea with honey (just warm). She loves it and handles a real teacup quite well.

Bethany Hudson said...

This is how I drank tea every evening as a child! Despite the sugar, it always had a sopoforic effect, and I drifted right off to sleep. I look forward to sharing the tradition with my own children when they are a bit older. Thank you for the lovely reminiscence.
~Bethany